Ryzen 3600 running warm while idling

Ovil101

I've set up my system and noticed that the idle clocks are surprisingly high, its idling at 2.2GHz at 50C. I'm using the stock cooler so is this to be expected or is there something more at play here? Ive installed the chipset drivers and updated the BIOS, the cooler screws are tight, and I have 2 case fans in there and it brought it down from 60C but the clocks on the CPU are still rather high.

Capture1.PNG

I use Ryzen Master to check my temps.

I have a Ryzen 5 3600. Stock idle temps were around 40c after an hour of usage. They'd go up to as high as 73c whilst gaming.

Changed it for a Noctua NHU12S and the temps are much lower.

Yeah seems about OK. Indeed Ryzen Master should give the most accurate result.
Also lets not forget, even if the computer is idle its still doing a lot of things. ;)

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

I also have a R5 3600, what I did to lower the temps, while not using demanding stuff, is change the power plan to "Power save", this will clock down the temps to around 40's (For me after a 3 hour idle it stablized around 41~42) and everytime I need that extra juice I set the power plan back to AMD Balanced or High Performance

Current Rig:

Mobo - MSI B450 Pro-Max VDH | CPU - Ryzen 5 3600 (AMD duh) | GPU - GTX 1660 Super (MSI) | WAM - 2 x 8GB 3200MHz (G.SKILLS Ripjaws)Storage - 1 x 256GB SSD (Crucial MX500) + 1 x 2TB | HDD 7200RPM (Seagate Barracuda) | PSU - Cooler Master 450W | Case - Cooler Master Q300L | Display - Asus VP248QG (Main) + AOC 24B1W1 | Other Stuff - Bloody B120 (Keyboard) + HP X220 Gaming Mouse + Asus A541UJ (Laptop)

idle temps can seem to be high on ryzen for some, but it's ok. You need to test load temps. It your cpu hits 90c then you should worry. 

But I did notice your cpu voltage is high. This does happen at idle and will drop under load, but it still a bit high.

Your at 1.369 try to bring it down to 1.3v.

Depends on what’s running.. things like rgb software, and even epic can make your CPU run warmer. 

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14