EA.. why you full of lies!? :P

mechanicalfluff

It's not actually downloading from there the actual download is about 20GB and it decompresses it i think.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

It's not actually downloading from there the actual download is about 20GB and it decompresses it i think.

I think he's talking about the speed, it's impossibly for him to be downloading at 29MB/s on a 35Mbps connection. So Origin/EA must be giving you false download speeds to make you think you download stuff really fast when you use Origin.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

He should be downloading at around 3.5mb/s I think.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

He should be downloading at around 3.5mb/s I think.

A bit over 4MB/s under ideal conditions, yes.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Yeah, it's that way for everyone.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

Yup the way EA calculates download speed is way offffff, and it wouldn't surprise me if they're doing it intentionally to make people think Origin downloads things faster.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Lol, it atleast  makes your feel good if you didn't know. :P

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

The total download is the bit that gives away that they are outright lying to you. It was all over the news how big the Titanfall download was going to be and everyone must know by now its not 50GB of actual download. I have always viewed Origin's downloads as the complete fabrication they are, based on some nebulous bytes on the disk total that has nothing to do with the amount of bytes downloaded from the internet. Its a solid attempt to try and deceive the uninformed into thinking Origin is quicker than Steam/aNother download service with just lies. Just one more reason to distrust EA.

1 MB/sec = 8 Mbps. They are not measuring in the same unit.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I think he's talking about the speed, it's impossibly for him to be downloading at 29MB/s on a 35Mbps connection. So Origin/EA must be giving you false download speeds to make you think you download stuff really fast when you use Origin.

Could it be because you have other source games installed on your PC and therefore doesn't need to download them again, so it taking files from other locations and not actually downloading it all.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

t's just a origin bug I believe, happens to everyone I think, you can't get anywhere close to 14MB/s on that connection. Your download speed is around 13 Megabits per second according to speedtest.net and the origin is showing the speed upto 14 MegaBytes per second i.e., 1 MegaByte/s = 8 Megabits/s so your download speed should be around 13/8 MegaBytes/s i.e., around 1.6 Megabytes/s, nearly all the ISP's use Megabits to advertise their plans, so when you see a commericial next time saying that "Enjoy 8Mb/s connection Speed" that means you'll be getting 1MB/s which is the value used by nearly all the Download Managers. So, if you wonder why you never get 13MB/s per second  on your line, well now you know.

(HINT: Notice the capital "B" and small "b", B = bytes, b = bits)

Found this on the forum this explains it...

Could it be because you have other source games installed on your PC and therefore doesn't need to download them again, so it taking files from other locations and not actually downloading it all.

Nah, i don't have anything else from origin installed. I should be getting around 4MB/s. that download even went up into the 40's and 50's before it completed. lol it just got my hopes up is all :P Thought for a second my isp was being nice until i pulled up task manager

The download is actually about 20GB, not 50GB. the reason why 50GB is there is because that's how much space Titanfall takes up on your hard drive. You download compressed data, and then once downloaded it is decompressed. In the case of Titanfall, it is mainly Audio files that are decompressed. The decompressed audio files take up 34GB, and downloading this would take ages and use a lot of bandwidth, so you download it compressed, and the decompress it.

Steam does a similar thing. When you go to start downloading a game, it says how much space it will take up on the disk, but then when you go to download it, you download a few Gigabytes less. With Steam, it actually tells you what you are downloading, not what is being installed. I don't know why Origin is saying you download 50GB, they should do what steam does. I can only assume they are doing it to try and convince people that Origin downloads faster, as some people have suggested before me.

It said I was downloading at up to 8MB/s at some points, when I only get around 4Mb/s.

Rig - Processor: Intel core i5 3570k @4.3GHz, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX, GPU: XFX HD 7950 DD, with a Kraken G10 and Kraken X40, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 4x4GB, HDD: Seagate 1.5TB, Cooler: Xigmatek Prime SD1484, Case: Phantom 530

Peripherals - Monitor: Acer 24-inch 1920x1080, Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder X4, Mouse: Logitech G9x, Headphones: Turtle Beach PX21, Mousepad: Steelseries QCK

I don't know why Origin is saying you download 50GB, they should do what steam does.

I agree, they should. They should just go away lol. Think how many more copies EA would sell if they sold their games on the dominant platform. A platform that people aren't afraid to use and has more than 50 games (even though most of it is just dlc). Hell, even put content on both. Could profit like Ubisoft did with steam. People can buy games on steam, play through Uplay and have the option to buy games directly through Uplay if they wanted to. If they do, cool. If not, they still made a sale.

If anyone is more versed in the industry, is there any downside to what Ubisoft is doing?