Fast food franchises gaming consoles.

BenTreece1987

I don't get it people why are so many fast food franchises such as KFC and many others are trying to cash in on console gaming. To me it is the biggest and the most dumbest thing I've ever heard of as of yet. Anybody who thinks that fast food franchises should get involved in console gaming or any gaming matter of fact is a complete and utter dumbass. And I tell anybody like this. Why why would you do that. Colonel Sanders is rolling around in his grave right now and saying lordy have mercy this is not how it's supposed to be. I say let gaming console manufacturers manufacture the game consoles and fast food restaurants stick to what they do best preparing good delicious food. It's not only just dumb it's stupid.

Because they can do it for the memes. Its pretty funny but they are just overpriced Intel Nucs. They arent actually all that powerful and if they can make a few headlines while selling or sending out consoles to reviewers, its just an advertising expense.

5 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Because they can do it for the memes. Its pretty funny but they are just overpriced Intel Nucs. They arent actually all that powerful and if they can make a few headlines while selling or sending out consoles to reviewers, its just an advertising expense.

Yeah like I'm supposed to go to the the counter and ask for a KFC gaming console at a KFC restaurant. You realize that they would have to lock the gaming consoles up behind the counter so no one could steal them. At the restaurant. And at least I'm not a fuckwit.

1 minute ago, BenTreece1987 said:

Yeah like I'm supposed to go to the the counter and ask for a KFC gaming console at a KFC restaurant. You realize that they would have to lock the gaming consoles up behind the counter so no one could steal them. At the restaurant.

You sound like you have it all figured out, you should tell these corporations to hire you

11 minutes ago, BenTreece1987 said:

It's not only just dumb it's stupid

Sounds a bit repetitive there

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, BenTreece1987 said:

Yeah like I'm supposed to go to the the counter and ask for a KFC gaming console at a KFC restaurant. You realize that they would have to lock the gaming consoles up behind the counter so no one could steal them. At the restaurant.

The console won't be available at restaurants, and it's not even KFC who's making the 'console' it's cooler master. Fine, you don't like it, but that doesn't make it stupid. Additionally it's not even a really bad value, the NUC Kit 9 Extreme Computing element with an i9 9980HK is priced at like 1400$ anyway (assuming the console comes with that version of the NUC)

Just now, Fasauceome said:

Sounds a bit repetitive there

I believe its called a tautology. What he is saying with "not just only" is it is not in a singular state of being unintelligent but it is also at the same time being unintelligent. Therefore making it always be the case that it is unintelligent.

It's like saying in every possible parrallel universe your idea is always going to be dumb. That is pretty savage. I don't know if I would make that call.

Look, if Wendy's or Burger King put out a gaming console, they know damn well I'd buy the thing. I fucking live in their drive thru's, man. Workers at both places have gotten to mostly recognize me. Since I always order the same shit, they sometimes start making it if they see me pull up. Who knows, maybe one day I'll own my own franchise with them...and then I get free food...

Two things: fast food restaurants have been doing video game things for a long time now. There were those Burger King promotional games that Blitz Games developed back in 2006, for example. Hell, fast food restaurants have been doing weird media tie-ins for a while. Anyone remember The Wacky Adventures of Ronald McDonald?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.