what parts would make this a full server

apparently it uses the Tyan S5512 Motherboard so its based on the C204 chipset: https://www.tyan.com/Motherboards_S5512_S5512GM2NR

Socket Type / Q'ty LGA 1155/ (1)
  Supported CPU Series Intel Xeon E3-1200, i3-2100 (32nm / 22nm) series processors
  Thermal Design Power (TDP) wattage

Max up to 95W

Memory   Supported DIMM Qty (4) DIMM slots
  DIMM Type / Speed Unbuffered ECC DDR3 1600/1333
  Capacity Up to 32GB
  Memory channel 2 Channels
  Memory voltage 1.5V

Seems it supports 12 x 3.5" SATA hard drives for storage

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

15 minutes ago, the gamer that is bad said:

i want this as a tinker project and i think it is a good deal but i don't know what parts are accepted in that server any help would be nice

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chenbro-NR12000-1U-BAREBONES-SERVER-1x-POWER-SUPPPLY/352780972865?hash=item5223627341%3Ag%3AqZ8AAOSw1rpf2kzk&LH_BIN=1

Id probably stay away unless you need 1u, there are much better options for 2u or tower configurations

Your gonna need a cpu, ram, drives, and rails, and hdd trays.

i just saw $99 price tag on a server

18 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Id probably stay away unless you need 1u, there are much better options for 2u or tower configurations

Your gonna need a cpu, ram, drives, and rails, and hdd trays.

22 hours ago, the gamer that is bad said:

i want this as a tinker project and i think it is a good deal but i don't know what parts are accepted in that server any help would be nice

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chenbro-NR12000-1U-BAREBONES-SERVER-1x-POWER-SUPPPLY/352780972865?hash=item5223627341%3Ag%3AqZ8AAOSw1rpf2kzk&LH_BIN=1

Isn't this the one craft computing just did a video with? Wasn't it extremely loud? I'd pass for that reason alone. 

who is craft computing it sounds like he cools his pcs with beer

47 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

Isn't this the one craft computing just did a video with? Wasn't it extremely loud? I'd pass for that reason alone. 

2 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

Yes, the very same, but it being loud wasn't an issue. Actually pretty much the opposite:

23 minutes ago, Chionele said:

Yes, the very same, but it being loud wasn't an issue. Actually pretty much the opposite:

is it ddr3 or 4 ecc

1 minute ago, the gamer that is bad said:

could this server power a nas and flex server with a minecraft server

Yea it could, but it probably isn't the best for that use. Are you limited to 1u? 

Whats your budget? how much storage do you need?

my budget is $200 for the server and i have the drives i need so this +ram +mounting screws =170ish and we are getting a rack tomorrow off of creagslist for $15 with a ups

2 minutes ago, the gamer that is bad said:

my budget is $200 for the server and i have the drives i need so this +ram +mounting screws =170ish and we are getting a rack tomorrow off of creagslist for $15 with a ups

What drives and ram do you have?

Id probalby just get a used desktop for a server here. Or hunt locally for a server like a dell r720.

i have 4x2tb segate barracuda drives and 2x6tb iron wolf pro drives and i have no ram and i want some upgradeability 

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

What drives and ram do you have?

Id probalby just get a used desktop for a server here. Or hunt locally for a server like a dell r720.

2 minutes ago, the gamer that is bad said:

i have 4x2tb segate barracuda drives and 2x6tb iron wolf pro drives and i have no ram and i want some upgradeability 

Can you get servers like a dell r720 locally? Id get one of those. 

How much do you care about power usage, these servers can easily use hundreds of dollars a year in power.

i had not really thought much about efficiency we were going to put them in a solar power shed that could produce 1000 wats and had a battery backup but that burnt up in the bond fire

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Can you get servers like a dell r720 locally? Id get one of those. 

How much do you care about power usage, these servers can easily use hundreds of dollars a year in power.

Just now, the gamer that is bad said:

i had not really thought much about efficiency we were going to put them in a solar power shed that could produce 1000 wats and had a battery backup but that burnt up in the bond fire

I have a battery and solar setup for my servers, but you need some big batters to run at night.

For your use, id just get a desktop with lots of drive bays, and don't worry about getting real server hardware.

the battery backup thankfully was insured along with the solar and the battery was rated for 5,000 watts for 10 hours it was made to backup our machine shop but the solar was not capable of 5000 watts so it takes a while to charge so i think that can handle 1-2 servers and a raspberry pi

5 minutes ago, the gamer that is bad said:

the battery backup thankfully was insured along with the solar and the battery was rated for 5,000 watts for 10 hours it was made to backup our machine shop but the solar was not capable of 5000 watts so it takes a while to charge so i think that can handle 1-2 servers and a raspberry pi

HOw many kwh is the batteries? Your probalby gonna want something like 4 kwh at a minnimun for a few servers, and probably much more to reduce wear on the batteries.

what is a kwh it is my grandpas backup and he said he could run the inverter that draws 5000 watts for about 10 hours on a full charge and before you ask i am 14 and i know this server might be overkill but it might be necessary 

1 minute ago, the gamer that is bad said:

what is a kwh it is my grandpas backup and he said he could run the inverter that draws 5000 watts for about 10 hours on a full charge and before you ask i am 14 and i know this server might be overkill but it might be necessary 

Kwh is a measure of energry, or battery capacity. Something with that capacity your talking about would be a very large battery setup, like the size of a full rack if it was using lead acid batteries.

it is a plex for me and a nas for 7 remote users for stl files and a mc server for all of us

Id hnt for a duall 2011 server like a dell r720 then, or a used server, both should work fine here.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

Kwh is a measure of energry, or battery capacity. Something with that capacity your talking about would be a very large battery setup, like the size of a full rack if it was using lead acid batteries.

Id hnt for a duall 2011 server like a dell r720 then, or a used server, both should work fine here.

ok thank you for the clarification on the kwh and how much ram would be needed for this application?

ok thank you for the clarification on the kwh and how much ram would be needed for this application?

Not much for that usage, probably like 16gb would be my pick for that setup.