new installed evga rtx 3080 ftw3 ultra gaming causing random restarts

JayL
3 hours ago, Popa2caps said:

Seasonic

Recommending Seasonic in general with no knowledge of pricing of the Seasonic unit they might buy, nor knowing for sure that they wouldn't buy a poor Seasonic PSU is... strange. Don't go by brand, and don't fanboy.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

^-^

7 hours ago, Elisis said:

Recommending Seasonic in general with no knowledge of pricing of the Seasonic unit they might buy, nor knowing for sure that they wouldn't buy a poor Seasonic PSU is... strange. Don't go by brand, and don't fanboy.

Seasonic is hands down the best PSU maker in my eyes, could be a little brand loyal, but I'm not sure you know what Fanboy means. Most all top of the line PSUs are using Seasonic parts with their own branding. 

Also would like to point how something from the OP. The OP stated "which 1000w psu should would be better quality -  corsair ax1000 or hxi1000 ?"

The  "corsair ax1000" It's a seasonic PSU I thought? A bunch of online article say it is. LINK

Also quote from you "wouldn't buy a poor Seasonic PSU... That's the first time i've ever seen the words "poor" and "seasonic" close to each other. I find you strange

34 minutes ago, Popa2caps said:

could be a little brand loyal, but I'm not sure you know what Fanboy means

Dude... Blindly following a brand is fanboyism.

Most all top of the line PSUs are using Seasonic parts with their own branding. 

Well, no. Most top of the line PSUs are in fact not doing so. Probably because Seasonic is so bullshit to deal with as an OEM(/ODM), apparently.

That's the first time i've ever seen the words "poor" and "seasonic" close to each other.

You should get out more, then. Seasonic has plenty of shit. This is why you don't blindly follow a company.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

^-^

7 minutes ago, Elisis said:

Dude... Blindly following a brand is fanboyism.

Well, no. Most top of the line PSUs are in fact not doing so. Probably because Seasonic is so bullshit to deal with as an OEM(/ODM), apparently.

You should get out more, then. Seasonic has plenty of shit. This is why you don't blindly follow a company.

Following a brand is called "Brand Loyal",  "Fanboy" is used for someone who follows creative topics. Also I find it odd you're bashing me just because I said "Seasonic'. I think you have some repressed feelings with the brand Seasonic, you might be biased.

One of the power supply units the original poster linked is in fact a Seasonic power supply with just Corsair branding. I stated Seasonic to go with the Seasonic Corsair branded PSU (updated my first post to reflect this).

Most people who build computers regularly will start to notice this. Get over yourself, be gone.

1 minute ago, Popa2caps said:

"Fanboy" is used for someone who follows creative topics.

Where'd you pull this definition from? Fanboy is pretty generally used by the PC enthusiast segment to describe people who follow a brand no matter what, deny they have bad products, etc. etc. And "most people who build computers regularly will start to notice this", so...

2 minutes ago, Popa2caps said:

I stated Seasonic to go with the Seasonic Corsair branded PSU (updated my first post to reflect this).

This pretty clearly wasn't your primary intent, and this fact is only further evidenced by your previous statements.

2 minutes ago, Popa2caps said:

Also I find it odd you're bashing me just because I said "Seasonic'.

Because you literally recommended a brand, which is an idiotic thing to do. If you had added anything to this, like perhaps an actual list of model names from which the OP could pick one to buy, it would've been less an issue.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

^-^

16 hours ago, Popa2caps said:

Seasonic

I seem to have confused some un-aware people with my post of just the words of "Seasonic", my bad. The "corsair ax1000" is what I would pick being it's a Seasonic PSU just with corsair branding. I'm not sure about the hxi1000.

I've had my plat Seasonic 660 XP2 from 2013 without one issue, not one, plus the support from the company is downright amazing++. If a PSU has a 10 year warranty, good chance it's from Seasonic.

Still think it's funny someone called me a fanboy because I said Seasonic lol.

The AX is the worst PSU in Corsair's lineup from the RMx and up, not sure why you'd recommend it. It is the only one that lacks any kind of multi rail OCP, and uses a crappy fan. The OEM is Seasonic, which has had issues with cold solder, something you do not see with larger OEMs. 

5 hours ago, Popa2caps said:

could be a little brand loyal, but I'm not sure you know what Fanboy means

I'm going to pull a no u on that one, cap. 

5 hours ago, Popa2caps said:

AXi, Dark Power Pro, Platimax DF, EVGA T2, Leadex III, Ion+, Toughpower iRGB Plus, Strider Titanium etc etc etc. What in the world are you talking about...

:)

Been using an RMx 850W for several years with a 1080Ti as well without issue, but admittedly I haven't tried a 3k series card in my box.

9 hours ago, seon123 said:

I'm going to pull a no u on that one, cap. 

Why did you quote and reply on this? What do you mean "no u on that one".

Ion+

I'm in no way saying they make all of the PSU's in the world.

The AX is the worst PSU in Corsair's lineup from the RMx and up, not sure why you'd recommend it. It is the only one that lacks any kind of multi rail OCP, and uses a crappy fan. The OEM is Seasonic, which has had issues with cold solder, something you do not see with larger OEMs. 

Seems you have already done this before with the same two PSUs.

43 minutes ago, Popa2caps said:

He didn't list all the PSUs in the world though; he instead mentioned some of the best PSUs on the market right now, or in your own words:

15 hours ago, Popa2caps said:

I actually don't even see the point in arguing with someone who replies with "Seasonic" as an answer to someone looking for specific PSU recommendations. On that note:

15 hours ago, Popa2caps said:

That's the first time i've ever seen the words "poor" and "seasonic" close to each other.

Yeah, go buy an S12II - it's got Seasonic's logo on it, so it's got to be good!

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

58 minutes ago, Popa2caps said:

Why did you quote and reply on this? What do you mean "no u on that one".

I just listed the highest end PSUs from a few of the more popular brands on the market. If your claim that

16 hours ago, Popa2caps said:

was true, shouldn't Corsair, Be Quiet, Enermax, EVGA, Superflower, Fractal Design, Thermaltake and Silverstone's highest end PSUs be made by Seasonic? Those are some fairly big brands, wouldn't you agree?

Seems you have already done this before with the same two PSUs.

Congratulations, you just linked a thread where Jonnyguru, Corsair's director of R&D, said to pick the HX over the AX...

On 12/26/2020 at 9:20 AM, Elisis said:

you had added anything to this

not the gold ones...! (I already mentioned it) so platinum or titanium... 

which I think the poster only tried to emphasize when they said "Seasonic" 

Also, no, preferring certain brands isn't "fanboyism" 

Fanboyism is calling everyone a "hater" because they don't like a thing you like.... for example... 

Or saying "only this brand, all others are shit"... 

but simply preferring certain brands over others isn't fanboying by itself... 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

14 hours ago, seon123 said:

Congratulations, you just linked a thread where Jonnyguru, Corsair's director of R&D, said to pick the HX over the AX...

I do believe corsair are pretty good generally, but the jury is still out there about issues with the 30xx series... it probably really depends on the specific model (and wattage, a psu with higher wattage will generally deal better with "transient spikes" than one with less, if everything else is the same or similar, I suppose) 

Btw, there's also an interesting link to evga forums, although their list isn't conclusive at all sadly since you just need to post a model to get in the list of "good psus" but interesting, nonetheless. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

8 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

which I think the poster only tried to emphasize when they said "Seasonic" 

What bizarre leap of logic did you undergo that gave you this impression?

8 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Also, no, preferring certain brands isn't "fanboyism" 

They literally recommended anything from a brand. That's what I'd call fanboyism. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

^-^

3 hours ago, Elisis said:

They literally recommended anything from a brand. That's what I'd call fanboyism. 

Well yes and no. You can call each what you wish, that is totally up to you, but I would call that "Brand Loyal" when speaking directly about brands. Fanboy to me would be someone who follows a creative idea like comics, art etc.

That's only how I see the two. Understand I'm not at all attcking you at all in these replies. Just directly letting you know how I interpret them.

Brand Loyal      Fanboy

3 hours ago, Elisis said:

What bizarre leap of logic did you undergo that gave you this impression?

I know it sounds odd, but that's 100% correct. I knew of the seasonic one, so I picked it. Even updated my first post to reflect it.

On 12/26/2020 at 5:16 PM, Mateyyy said:

I actually don't even see the point in arguing with someone who replies with "Seasonic" as an answer to someone looking for specific PSU recommendations. On that note:

First, I updated my comment.

On 12/26/2020 at 5:16 PM, Mateyyy said:

He didn't list all the PSUs in the world though; he instead mentioned some of the best PSUs on the market right now, or in your own words:

Why are you replying for someone else?

31 minutes ago, Popa2caps said:

Why are you replying for someone else?

You can't exactly question someone's replying for someone else when you yourself just did it. 😐

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

^-^

1 hour ago, Elisis said:

You can't exactly question someone's replying for someone else when you yourself just did it. 😐

In my defence they were about me HAHA The reply has been intercepted so many times I'm lost on who it's for...
plead-the-fifth.jpg.46642a7b7128a70e0a41c2ed55a347ca.jpg