Laptop Battery while gaming

Sid1298

I don't know much about this but recently, I was suggested by my cousin (when we were gaming) that I should always plug my laptop in to charging while I am gaming on it or I might ruin the battery. I am worried if I keep it plugged in all the time when I am gaming on it, that might ruin battery. I am really confused about all this and I need a legit opinion whether I should charge my laptop while gaming or not?

You are going to ruining the battery no matter what. 馃槢

Ok ok its not that bad. But if you are gaming for longer take out the battery when its around 50%-70% charged. (Turn of notebook first ofcourse).

Then plug in adapter again and game without battery then it wont be used and has the least wear.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

-> Moved to Laptops and Pre-Built Systems

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, HanZie82 said:

You are going to ruining the battery no matter what. 馃槢

Ok ok its not that bad. But if you are gaming for longer take out the battery when its around 50%-70% charged. (Turn of notebook first ofcourse).

Then plug in adapter again and game without battery then it wont be used and has the least wear.

Although thats a very nice idea.. The battery on my laptop is non removable. So I guess I'll switch off the charging when at 100%? idk

46 minutes ago, Sid1298 said:

Although thats a very nice idea.. The battery on my laptop is non removable. So I guess I'll switch off the charging when at 100%? idk

It stops charging when it hits 100% on it鈥檚 own. Just use the laptop normally, make sure you unplug it and drain it down a bit at least once a week to prevent battery inflation.

MacBook Pro 16 -聽i9-9980HK聽- Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB聽-聽32GB DDR4 - 2TB聽NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

3 hours ago, Sid1298 said:

Most of gaming laptops have an intelligent system to not degrade the battery if you game with it plugged 24/7.

My MSI for example stops the charge and drains the power directly from the psu.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.4GHz 1.2v /GPU: MSI Radeon RX 5700 Mech OC GP (5700XT Bios) @ 2GHz /MB: Asus ROG Strix B450-F /RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16聽/CASE: MSI MAG Vampiric 010X

The thing is, most Gaming Laptops have like abysmal low Performance while not on Battery.

i've seen some, where the GPU Performance drops down to <20% while not plugged in.

And i really do not mean "by 20%".聽