CyberPunk 2077 hate is uncalled for

YoMz

People are angry because they got an unplayable game with a full price tag, cdpr shouldve never launched the game on old gen in this state. Im really wondering if they tested the game beforehand?? I seriously lost all hope/hype for the game when they announced it was a first person shooter.

16 hours ago, YoMz said:

you said it yourself... it's not backwards or forwards compatible with each other because they are 2 different things... that's the whole basis of it being different... they're not compatible because the math and the code for each of them is vastly different...

you talking about Witcher 3 is the perfect example of why it's a different engine... if RedEngine 2 is the same as RedEngine 3 then why can't The Witcher 3 run on DX9? or did your own statement fly over your head?

Nah, it's like adding a big ass turbo to your combustion engine. You need to upgrade other stuff accordingly(manifold, fuel pump, yada yada) so that turbo will work as it should and it won't blow up your engine. You can't keep the turbo but remove the other stuff, it doesn't work that way.

The game itself feels like Witcher 3, similar questing system, similar fast travel mechanic, that just show CDPR kept some part of the old Red3 engine. Heck, even summoning the vehicle feel like i'm summoning effing Roach. It's not a totally new engine like you claimed. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

On 12/24/2020 at 2:54 AM, handymanshandle said:

Your point is tangential at best and absolutely terrible at worst. Who the hell cares if Cyberpunk runs on the next generation of the REDEngine? If the engine iteration itself is half-baked, why even go forward with finishing the game until the devs have a grip on the engine and the tools for it? That's what 343 Industries is doing with Halo Infinite and their internal tools. That's what Valve did with Half-Life: Alyx and Source 2 (although in that case, Valve had been building Source 2 for years with Dota 2 and components of it in CS:GO). 

Your argument is like arguing that RenderWare isn't RenderWare when Criterion had updated it from 3.6 to 4 back in the day. It's still the same engine, although probably with some new file formats in it and some updates to how things are handled, but at the end of the day, it's still RenderWare. The same could be said with REDEngine. Yeah, CDPR probably made some major changes to the engine for Cyberpunk 2077, but it's still REDEngine. It's not a brand new engine, it's still based off of existing groundwork. And that's fine! But if CDPR wasn't confident on their abilities to handle the engine, they should've spent more time on learning it and just swallowed the delay pill.

tangential at best? LOL? I already mentioned the performance difference between PS3 and PS4 when running GTA V since it's the most accurate representation of what is happening now with CP2077 with the newer engine (this doesn't excuse the abonimable performance but it clearly shows how big a difference a newer gen performs compared to previous gen)

IT WAS A HUGE MISTAKE that CDPR bothered supporting previous gen consoles knowing fully well it will never run on them in the first place... 

On 12/24/2020 at 9:11 AM, xAcid9 said:

Nah, it's like adding a big ass turbo to your combustion engine. You need to upgrade other stuff accordingly(manifold, fuel pump, yada yada) so that turbo will work as it should and it won't blow up your engine. You can't keep the turbo but remove the other stuff, it doesn't work that way.

The game itself feels like Witcher 3, similar questing system, similar fast travel mechanic, that just show CDPR kept some part of the old Red3 engine. Heck, even summoning the vehicle feel like i'm summoning effing Roach. It's not a totally new engine like you claimed. 

"you need to upgrade other stuff accordingly so it will work as it should" so going by your own logic, RedEngine 4 clearly then requires you to upgrade other stuff accordingly making the previous gen consoles outdated in this case... you are literally contradicting yourself with your own statements while claiming the new engine doesn't matter LMAO... why do you think CP2077 was only pulled out from previous gen consoles but not for the PS5 and the Xbox Series X? because those consoles have all the other stuff that needs to be upgraded accordingly...

"The game itself feels like Witcher3" well we have GAME GENREs for a reason... you know how 2D platformers all feel familiar when you play them? now atleast you understand why I keep mentioning GTA V and its significance to this topic... heck, even the "Witcher Senses" is being used by other games like Tomb Raider...

you know why they release a new iteration of game engines? I can name a few
1) because some of the math for the previous one will not work on the new one
2) there are features that are outdated that need to be removed to save resources (in RedEngine 4's case it's NVidia Hairworks from RedEngine 3)
3) there are newer features that can not run on the old engine (without modding or creating a specific patch for that feature... in this case in particular it's the Ray Tracing feature and exclusive DX12)

you people keep discarding the game engine as if it's not the reason for the performance of the game... guess what handles every single thing you see on your screen? it's the freaking game engine... all those bugs? all those glitches? those are all errors in the code in the game engine itself... and all those patches are fixes for those errors... how is that irrelevant or tangential to this discussion then?

1 minute ago, YoMz said:

tangential at best? LOL? I already mentioned the performance difference between PS3 and PS4 when running GTA V since it's the most accurate representation of what is happening now with CP2077 with the newer engine (this doesn't excuse the abonimable performance but it clearly shows how big a difference a newer gen performs compared to previous gen)

IT WAS A HUGE MISTAKE that CDPR bothered supporting previous gen consoles knowing fully well it will never run on them in the first place... 

"you need to upgrade other stuff accordingly so it will work as it should" so going by your own logic, RedEngine 4 clearly then requires you to upgrade other stuff accordingly making the previous gen consoles outdated in this case... you are literally contradicting yourself with your own statements while claiming the new engine doesn't matter LMAO... why do you think CP2077 was only pulled out from previous gen consoles but not for the PS5 and the Xbox Series X? becase those consoles have all the other stuff that needs to be upgraded accordingly...

"The game itself feels like Witcher3" well we have GAME GENREs for a reason... you know how 2D platformers all feel familiar when you play them? now atleast you understand why I keep mentioning GTA V and its significance to this topic... heck even the "Witcher Senses" is being used by other games like Tomb Raider...

you know why they release a new iteration of game engines? I can name a few
1) because some of the math for the previous one will not work on the new one
2) there are features that are outdated that need to be removed to save resources (in RedEngine 4's case it's NVidia Hairworks from RedEngine 3)
3) there are newer features that can not run on the old engine (without modding or creating a specific patch for that feature)

you people keep discarding the game engine as if it's not the reason for the performance of the game... guess what handles every single thing you see on your screen? it's the freaking game engine... all those bugs? all those glitches? those are all errors in the code in the game engine itself... and all those patches are fixes for those errors... how is that irrelevant or tangential to this discussion then?

You said nothing about the performance difference between ps3 and ps4 running GTA5, at least not until I'd mentioned it several times.

I think you should give up, as you are getting yourself more and more confused as you lose track of what you've said.

14 hours ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

You said nothing about the performance difference between ps3 and ps4 running GTA5, at least not until I'd mentioned it several times.

I think you should give up, as you are getting yourself more and more confused as you lose track of what you've said.

I mentioned both GTA 5 and CRYSIS 3 on my original post talking about the game engine itself early on... I gave a comparison between the PS3 and the PS4 later on because you people keep claiming the engine doesn't matter on this issue... I compared the 2 consoles to make you people realize how significant of a performance difference there is between previous and new gen consoles...

clearly you're the one who is losing track... the comparison between PS3 and PS4 was simply used as proof that a new engine performs much better on a newer console compared to the previous gen...

I personally played and finished the game (atleast the main story part) before I even bothered talking about it because I wanted to get as much info as I can so I know where I can reference things that I'm trying to explain... you on the other hand, are trying to argue for the sake of arguing because you never looked back on previous games and previous gen consoles before PS4 came out... you are looking at CP2077 as if it's the only game in existence and doing the same thing with the previous gen consoles... your lack of hindsight for previous games and consoles is what prevents you from seeing that this current problem happened before and will keep happening again because that is the cost of this little thing we call GENERATIONAL LEAP in technology... there will always come a point in time when older hardware will not be able to keep up with new software... I could've used any number of games to compare what CP2077 is going through but GTA V and CRYSIS 3 are simply the most significant games that can be used for comparison...

your main argument is "it doesn't matter if it's a new engine, it should run fine on my PS4"
my response is "well have you tried GTA V on PS3 which is where it was originally launched?"

you literally have no basis for your argument while I have been providing previous instances where specific problems for CP2077 have been encountered before... how about you set your groundwork first before responding again?

16 hours ago, YoMz said:

you people keep discarding the game engine as if it's not the reason for the performance of the game...

Don't put words in my mouth, i'm just stating a simple fact that it's not a brand new engine. 

Not once i mentioned performance issue is not related to the game engine. In fact i blamed CDP for even releasing the game on those old gen consoles with poor DX12 feature support. They knew it will run horribly. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 hour ago, YoMz said:

I mentioned both GTA 5 and CRYSIS 3 on my original post talking about the game engine itself early on... I gave a comparison between the PS3 and the PS4 later on because you people keep claiming the engine doesn't matter on this issue... I compared the 2 consoles to make you people realize how significant of a performance difference there is between previous and new gen consoles...

clearly you're the one who is losing track... the comparison between PS3 and PS4 was simply used as proof that a new engine performs much better on a newer console compared to the previous gen...

I personally played and finished the game (atleast the main story part) before I even bothered talking about it because I wanted to get as much info as I can so I know where I can reference things that I'm trying to explain... you on the other hand, are trying to argue for the sake of arguing because you never looked back on previous games and previous gen consoles before PS4 came out... you are looking at CP2077 as if it's the only game in existence and doing the same thing with the previous gen consoles... your lack of hindsight for previous games and consoles is what prevents you from seeing that this current problem happened before and will keep happening again because that is the cost of this little thing we call GENERATIONAL LEAP in technology... there will always come a point in time when older hardware will not be able to keep up with new software... I could've used any number of games to compare what CP2077 is going through but GTA V and CRYSIS 3 are simply the most significant games that can be used for comparison...

your main argument is "it doesn't matter if it's a new engine, it should run fine on my PS4"
my response is "well have you tried GTA V on PS3 which is where it was originally launched?"

you literally have no basis for your argument while I have been providing previous instances where specific problems for CP2077 have been encountered before... how about you set your groundwork first before responding again?

I haven't specifically mentioned anything about a game engine, and you are repeating the same point over and over, attributing quotes to people who haven't said anything.

Seriously, go and read the thread from the start. 

You've completely lost track of what has been said and by whom, and you are now embarrassing yourself. 

5 hours ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

I haven't specifically mentioned anything about a game engine, and you are repeating the same point over and over, attributing quotes to people who haven't said anything.

Seriously, go and read the thread from the start. 

You've completely lost track of what has been said and by whom, and you are now embarrassing yourself. 

are you angry now because the part about 4K displays and PS4 initial performance issues had correlation and you can no longer dispute it so you are now mad at a point in the discussion you never pitched in because I used your statement about the PS3 to make a point about game engines and performance?

I cleared up the 4K issue you were so triggered about... you were never part of the game engine discussion... I cleared up the engine performance difference between console generations using your own statement that GTA V was originally released for PS3...

2 hours ago, YoMz said:

are you angry now because the part about 4K displays and PS4 initial performance issues had correlation and you can no longer dispute it so you are now mad at a point in the discussion you never pitched in because I used your statement about the PS3 to make a point about game engines and performance?

I cleared up the 4K issue you were so triggered about... you were never part of the game engine discussion... I cleared up the engine performance difference between console generations using your own statement that GTA V was originally released for PS3...

As I said, you are making a fool of yourself.