Odd behaviour after posting

Chris Fortune

Browser, version and OS: Chrome Version 87.0.4280.88 , WIn 10 64

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened?

Posting a reply, with or without quote, does not happen on editing a post

What happened?

Got a page of junk,, random text including what appears to be multiple fonts

What did you expect to happen?

See my post

Link to a page where it happened, if applicable: 

Screenshots of the issue, if applicable: 

Any other relevant details:

Needed to access forum via link back and reload had no effect

If it's a cloudflare error, what was the ray ID from the bottom of the error page?

34 minutes ago, Chris Fortune said:

Got a page of junk,, random text including what appears to be multiple fonts

Might be some browser extension or malware since I have not seen anything similar yet.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

2 minutes ago, Smit Devrukhkar said:

Might be some browser extension or malware since I have not seen anything similar yet.

No new extensions since signed up with forum, obviously malware could be an issue but am having nothing detected

Edit:

Just had the same issue replying but if I copy paste the URL it resolves the problem too, didn't try this before

sure, kind off

Its a full page off

�f �G��g,�p�clfұ�E�C�aC���~��6J���;3�wզ��{_���^�K"E<�5=}C$�1��g�S�# c�f��r�!w�ΔWV� $�M�������dX��oA����{|m#u��xK�M��n$b��1��K�`� %5yS���oa`�DB��U<��ap���p���}P�t�[��lKN2�gJP��g�B�Y�3v� zk��7��������;��m3�a$?K6_�1>F2����XѢ^� (ʺͱ�&�?4�ٱ֭Ҡ8K�V�N >q�Vz4��"�A�hZ�e�5�|�Ӻ�$���]��p̞=^I���<�~�:���v�QyfJC�^�ǚC����g�L���p�QWX �L�B���������E₨.IE_�:�[e òh4���S˲��7e��m�K�H]�щrAyh��;��q����2�P�pB��f �NZ��b�Ze�e�X:����܀,a���u���XD�̬�⌵���kf�g��n`9�����L+����i�V�y�W�{�Y?ݾܧk&!d����fk���! 5I8=�$gҎ�{�,�8�Z�5�3�d��}:3]�)����AI�g�.�q�D�iTUTי���w<Ո��u}�mۧq���.��n�$q�嶧wq��H�h��eMqG�@�>Ty6�=�w�\0p'�]7�BM����ʤ���qT4:Fu*�8���ر����=P^w(��]/P=GV���GU���I�s��Mǟ:~A䉍L��ˠ�m;چ�pD��péN伃��i &���t�i��y჻.���SBW�HWL�A�?^m��΅'t�NX⼃����'�P����F� �i`���Zi9"�9v�m�� z��$�,dYx=%���gO�7�T���g+C��k�!�sp!�pP�;ܦ��}xDE"9i�!@#e���U`�n�u\��e�f/�^N9�ǔ@�I��<[�f�؎����c�DS$���${�����s�M��v�?ܻ��nO/�3C�8o���H I�!�~���_Yg���đ�O�̬]O�1��'�����S�Tu���niO�fd�BKZ�fw��}���5���(C���!�~����f�B�!��j���C'&@e$�ݳ��f?�����h��� )7�FB�}����b��0�ٖ=�{�Q������cL-v�4?E�c���!Ӓ[�[3�E��?�ZM��(gLPTD�����+3�F���Q5s5�|�l�"ge)$i��9ک>jl��U�%��ì!��|��Y�Rj �.�wI�y��

image.thumb.png.6bf690d2cd459b84862d8af61da86cda.png

wa? is this what you were trying to say or is this another bug?

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

The odd text in my previous post is a copy/paste of a portion of the garbage I get after posting

Couple more questions:

• Does it happen in incognito mode with all extensions disabled?
  • Are you on a work or school network, or a VPN?

It looks like something between you and the forum is messing with the data, and often that's a browser extension or network MitM.

HTTP/2 203

Don't use incognito ever, I have no new extensions but will try with all disabled

Home system with no VPN

Hmm, that's really weird. Can you press F12 to open the dev tools, and switch to the network tab. Check the "Preserve log" box in the top left of that pane, then reproduce it. Once it finishes loading, right click on one of the rows that has shown up and select "Save all as HAR with content". Save the file, then send it to me in a PM (don't post it in this topic, it contains sensitive info). That should give me some more diagnostic data to narrow down the problem.

HTTP/2 203

Not too clear about what you have asked, I did try and got as far as checking the preserve log box (on the right not left) but nothing appeared to load or change after that and could find no instance where I could save all as HAR with content.

I did notice it was reporting 2 errors which have a JQMIGATE: followed by a function of some kind both reporting as being deprecated

3 minutes ago, Chris Fortune said:

Not too clear about what you have asked, I did try and got as far as checking the preserve log box (on the right not left) but nothing appeared to load or change after that and could find no instance where I could save all as HAR with content.

I did notice it was reporting 2 errors which have a JQMIGATE: followed by a function of some kind both reporting as being deprecated

Sorry, to be more precise:

• Open the dev tools network tab and enable "preserve log"
  • Post a reply, or anything that is required to trigger this bug, so you end up on the page with garbled content
  • There should now be more entries in the log - right click on one of those and Save as HAR with content
  • Send the generated file to me in a PM

HTTP/2 203

I know it doesn't define the problem but it does solve the issue. I will just use edge for LTT forum now