PC wont work

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,
4 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Remember to power off PSU. Remove battery for longer if it dosen't work

I somehow always forget to say this. I guess I just wrongfully presume everyone has at least basic knowledge.

3 minutes ago, WestTexan said:

I have a B450 MSI Tomahawk mobo. Could you please tell me exactly what to do? Im still new to this,sorry.

Turn off the switch on the power supply at the back of the computer.

Then find the coin cell battery on the motherboard, it should be a shiny round piece of metal.

There will be a small metal clip on one side, to remove the battery you apply pressure to this tab.

Leave the battery out for at least 30 seconds, then push the battery back into place.

Turn on the switch to the power supply and try to boot the computer. 

I thought my ram wasn't running at its proper speeds so I changed a bios setting from auto to 3200mhz

I then realized that it was always at 3200mhz so I changed the 1 setting I changed back to its original setting of Auto

I just exited bios by clicking on save and reboot. I waited 5 minutes and it was not rebooting so I manually shut down my pc by holding the power button down on my case

Fast forward to now and my PC switches on and my green case light is on like it always is but my keyboard and mouse are not getting power neither is my monitor it says no input

What can I do?

Resetting the BIOS would probably fix this, some motherboards have CMOS clear button, others have a small jumper on the board.

Alternatively you could pop out the small round button cell battery on the motherboard for 30 seconds and this will also clear the BIOS 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

9 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Resetting the BIOS would probably fix this, some motherboards have CMOS clear button, others have a small jumper on the board.

Alternatively you could pop out the small round button cell battery on the motherboard for 30 seconds and this will also clear the BIOS 

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

1 minute ago, DoctorNick said:

11 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I have a B450 MSI Tomahawk mobo. Could you please tell me exactly what to do? Im still new to this,sorry.

4 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

I somehow always forget to say this. I guess I just wrongfully presume everyone has at least basic knowledge.

3 minutes ago, WestTexan said:

Then find the coin cell battery on the motherboard, it should be a shiny round piece of metal.

There will be a small metal clip on one side, to remove the battery you apply pressure to this tab.

Leave the battery out for at least 30 seconds, then push the battery back into place.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

image.png.8e6efcfd429baa1654855fc9ecd5f708.png

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

image.png.5ec6d841b5a868341c6320f5b0c793c5.png

FS in Denmark/EU:

3 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Haha yes.I used a simcard injector to take it out after I used my fingers at the place where u pointed. 

10 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Doing that now. Hopefully it works

7 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

14 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

F1 or F2?

16082117726801266896196.jpg

1 minute ago, WestTexan said:

F1 or F2?

F2

FS in Denmark/EU:

2 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

F2

Okay I am back at my desktoo everything working fine but will I need to change my ram xmp in the bios? Not sure if it will run at 3200mhz after I did all that.Task manager says my speed is 1067mhz and not 3200mhz

2 minutes ago, WestTexan said:

Okay I am back at my desktoo everything working fine but will I need to change my ram xmp in the bios? Not sure if it will run at 3200mhz after I did all that.Task manager says my speed is 1067mhz and not 3200mhz

1067*2 (DDR=double data rate)

Yes go to bios and turn on XMP, press F10 + enter to save and exit

FS in Denmark/EU:

2 minutes ago, WestTexan said:

It is actually running at 2033MHz as you are seeing the true clockrate. DDR stands for double data rate meaning that there are two transfers for each clock cycle. 

You can go into the bios and enable XMP, see what speed it tried to run it at without altering any other settings 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

It is actually running at 2033MHz as you are seeing the true clockrate. DDR stands for double data rate meaning that there are two transfers for each clock cycle. 

You can go into the bios and enable XMP, see what speed it tried to run it at without altering any other settings 

1 minute ago, DoctorNick said:

1067*2 (DDR=double data rate)

Yes go to bios and turn on XMP, press F10 + enter to save and exit

I  changed A-XMP to Profile 1 

And adjusted DRAM frequency changed to 3200mhz when I did this.

Do I press Save Changes and Reboot?

1608212345691178212831.jpg

160821244197511532086.jpg

I clicked on save changes and reset

Now in task manager it says 1600mhz which means my ram is running at 3200mhz

All is fixed.Thank you for the help!