Making New Home Construction Fiber-Ready

I'm in the process of building new house. Plans are being finalized with the builder, but as a self-identified tech junkie I can't help but wonder what preparations I would need for the builder to ensure my house is fiber-ready.

We've already established where the majority of the networking will be located. Will be wiring the house with Cat6a to help futureproof for 10G networking. The question really lies on what wiring/hardware would I need installed between the modem (or I guess what is actually an ONT?) to where the service line terminates from the ISP.

Currently, I don't know much about fiber connections simply because I've always used cable internet. What I do know is that the last time I needed service from a different provider that they ran cables from the back of my house to the front, drilled a hole in the brick, which entered into a closet, and another hole on the other side of this closet to finally terminate to a wall plate. This is the reason I am wanting to be proactive and get some advice to prevent this kind of hack job this time around.

So, is there anything I can do ahead of time to allow an ISP the ability to easily set up fiber internet without a ugly cable nightmare?

Smurf tube runs for low voltage would do it.  Then it’s just a matter of feeding in more cable.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

It depends if you know WHERE they would be running the fibre from the street.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7