Should I probably get more RAM?

Lately I've been streaming some DayZ, BF4 and Titanfall, and there's been a few times where I've minimized to open up Google Chrome to search and then that thing pops up saying "Close programs to prevent information loss", I cancel it of course, but I didn't know my 8GB of ram would have trouble streaming those games, it is Low-profile ram, if that is significant, but other than that, when I stream, I barely have any other programs up in the Task Manager, just OBS, Stream and Twitch Chat.

I'm assuming those specific 3 games are just fairly RAM intensive though.

Ah screw it, why am I even asking, RAM isn't that expensive anymore, I should just upgrade to 16gb  :P  I guess some input on Low-profile ram and it's performance difference (if any) would still be great though!

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

The profile of ram does not affect performance. 

Have you left task manager open to see if your ram usage was spiking during this time?

What are the rest of your sepcs?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you have the money and feel you could benefit from it, just upgrade. Otherwise you could probably make it work fine with just 8gb.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Yes, I would upgrade to 16GB.

Also how many sticks of what type of RAM do you have?

Task manager can tell you how much RAM things are using. Just look at the process list and sort it by memory usage. If that is the issue then it will be obvious which programs are taking up all the RAM. It seems unlikely that what you are doing would result in out of memory problems without a problem being the cause so I suspect you should look into the big user of memory, because this ought to work within 8GB just fine.

K! I should've done this when I first joined but I finally put my rig in my signature. Later when I get a chance to stream, I'll see what the RAM usage is and let ya'll know

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

K! I should've done this when I first joined but I finally put my rig in my signature. Later when I get a chance to stream, I'll see what the RAM usage is and let ya'll know

Quick tip when using the forums. Make sure to use quotes when replying in the thread, that way they get a notification that someone replied to their post.

Da Rig : Mobo: Asus M5A97-r2.0 | Cpu: FX-8320 (4.1ghz) Stock cooler | Gpu: Sapphire R9 290 | RAM: 16GB Patriot Intel Extreme (1600mhz...for now >:]) | PSU: Antec 620w continuous | SSD: Corsair Force 60gb (boot) | HDD: WD 500GB 7200rpm  WD Blue 1TB | OS: WIndows 7 Ultimate 64-bit |

Quick tip when using the forums. Make sure to use quotes when replying in the thread, that way they get a notification that someone replied to their post.

Or using the @<Username>

Like: @Jedicake :D

Yes, I would upgrade to 16GB.

Also how many sticks of what type of RAM do you have?

This is exactly why I don't understand when users recommend 8GB of RAM for new builds.  Usually people get 2x4 GB sticks and lock them themselves out of a better/cheaper upgrade path.

This is exactly why I don't understand when users recommend 8GB of RAM for new builds.  Usually people get 2x4 GB sticks and lock them themselves out of a better/cheaper upgrade path.

Because you need 2 sticks for dual channel and many motherboards have more than just 2 dimm slots available. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Because you need 2 sticks for dual channel and many motherboards have more than just 2 dimm slots available. 

I was suggesting that using 8GB dimms are better.

How so?

So that u can upgrade to more in the future...???

How so?

It ends up being cheaper when you inevitably upgrade.  Everyone always seems to forget the 64 vs 128MB and 512MB vs 1GB days of memory.  Regardless of how viable 8GB of memory is today, it will not be enough for what you need it to do tomorrow.  That day usually comes before you are willing to upgrade your Motherboard and CPU. 4GB DIMMS caps you out at 16GB.  It's also going to force you to find identical (read obsolete) sticks, unless you want to just trash them and start over.

16gb would be too much for just games, I would recommend getting 12gb or 8gb. That would be a deccent amount for gaming, browsing, and light video editing. :P

It ends up being cheaper when you inevitably upgrade.  Everyone always seems to forget the 64 vs 128MB and 512MB vs 1GB days of memory.  Regardless of how viable 8GB of memory is today, it will not be enough for what you need it to do tomorrow.  That day usually comes before you are willing to upgrade your Motherboard and CPU. 4GB DIMMS caps you out at 16GB.  It's also going to force you to find identical (read obsolete) sticks, unless you want to just trash them and start over.

By the time we need 32GB ram for gaming, we likely won't be using DDR3 ram. 

I sometimes use 16gb or nearly but 32 is overkill sadly its not really possible to cleanly get something in between.