Is it me, or games become harder overtime?

Nalgasp3ludas

This is kind of silly, but I remember when I had jak and daxter 2 on ps2 I beated the game without any problems, cant remember my exact age but I think I was about 7-9 years old. Now that Im way older, I bought jak's collection on ps4, and Im having a horrible time beating some of the missions. Same happened to me with gta III and SA, I was a beast in those 2 games, but now I cant even handle some of the missions. I have an hypothesis, I think it is because of how the controls have changed over the years, I got so used to modern third/first person games, and now I cant seem to get used to old controls.

What do you think about this? I really want to know if it happens to anybody else?

its because your playing other type of games, if you play other type of games, overtime your skill in that game you used to play will become worse, because you are focusing on another game.

Honestly games that were made quite a while back were way harder than any game that is out today mostly since they were using BRAND new gaming mechanics that has never been used nor perfected. Also on top of that you actually had to figure things out on your own or you had to drop like $30-40 for a guide since the internet wasn't the best most easy access to getting a 'walkthrough' on a part you were struggling on. I mean I just bought BloodRayne remastered recently and the first boss in the game almost felt like a Dark Souls lever boss. Could also do with that fact we used more of our brains before all these 5G cell towers rotted our brains :) 

SPEC LIST:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x w/ AMD Wraith Stock Cooler

MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG Strix B-450F

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32gb 3200mhz (2x16gb)

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Super FE

PSU: Corsair 750x 80plus Gold 

FANS: Dual Corsair LL Series LL140mm Dual Light Loop RGB

MONITORS: BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P 24 Inch FHD LED 144Hz (DP)
Lenovo - G25-10 24.5" LED FHD 144HZ Monitor (HDMI)

PATIENCE: NOT CURRENTLY INSTALLED

P.S: STILL REALLY WANTING TO FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN CARRY ME TO GRAND CHAMPION IN ROCKET LEAGUE :)

P.P.S: I NO LONGER NEED TO BE CARRIED TO GRAND CHAMPION AS I HAVE MADE IT ON MY OWN 😁

honestly it's kind of you, even something like the infamous Dark Souls series wouldn't have exactly been challenging before online / pay to win / press x to progress became a thing... 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

21 hours ago, Minicoop said:

Honestly games that were made quite a while back were way harder than any game that is out today mostly since they were using BRAND new gaming mechanics that has never been used nor perfected. Also on top of that you actually had to figure things out on your own or you had to drop like $30-40 for a guide since the internet wasn't the best most easy access to getting a 'walkthrough' on a part you were struggling on. I mean I just bought BloodRayne remastered recently and the first boss in the game almost felt like a Dark Souls lever boss. Could also do with that fact we used more of our brains before all these 5G cell towers rotted our brains :) 

I remember basically regular you got stuck in many games because you didn't know what to do or how the controls worked, and there was no online to "look up the solution" so basically you had to put in some detective work in, ask people, search magazines... try random stuff, sometimes for several weeks until you found the solution... until to the next "problem"... 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

29 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

I remember basically regular you got stuck in many games because you didn't know what to do or how the controls worked, and there was no online to "look up the solution" so basically you had to put in some detective work in, ask people, search magazines... try random stuff, sometimes for several weeks until you found the solution... until to the next "problem"... 

I felt like that was the fun in things though, it turned a simple no more than 10 hour max story-line into 50-60 hours just by you neanderthaling around for the majority.

SPEC LIST:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x w/ AMD Wraith Stock Cooler

MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG Strix B-450F

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32gb 3200mhz (2x16gb)

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Super FE

PSU: Corsair 750x 80plus Gold 

FANS: Dual Corsair LL Series LL140mm Dual Light Loop RGB

MONITORS: BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P 24 Inch FHD LED 144Hz (DP)
Lenovo - G25-10 24.5" LED FHD 144HZ Monitor (HDMI)

PATIENCE: NOT CURRENTLY INSTALLED

P.S: STILL REALLY WANTING TO FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN CARRY ME TO GRAND CHAMPION IN ROCKET LEAGUE :)

P.P.S: I NO LONGER NEED TO BE CARRIED TO GRAND CHAMPION AS I HAVE MADE IT ON MY OWN 😁

21 minutes ago, Minicoop said:

I felt like that was the fun in things though, it turned a simple no more than 10 hour max story-line into 50-60 hours just by you neanderthaling around for the majority.

Yeah true, and also that was exactly the idea behind these games you weren't supposed to beat them "quickly". 

I remember playing Another World, you basically died at every step, repeatedly... we never made it far in that's game but it still was fun and I still fondly remember it and its atmosphere. 

And nah I don't want to play the "remake" if anything I try playing the originals of older games nowadays... for example Fatal Frame series is like that... you always get stuck somehow don't know what to do etc, but the atmosphere is great and the gameplay weirdly fun and "unique". 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity