3060 ti question - cyberpunk 2077 on 1140 ultrawide, RT and dlss on

ThyRum

Hi,

because of Cyberpunk 2077 i really need to upgrade my aging rig (i5 7600k + 1070 ti). I want to play on 1440 ultra wide. And to be honest i would like to spend as little as possible.

I was wondering if a 3060ti could be enough with following settings: RayTracing Medium, DLSS Balanced and i would like to reach the 60 FPS mark. Has anyone tried if this is possible? I know that my CPU might also need an upgrade but thats something i want to adress later next summer.

Can maybe someone with that card and the game test if this works out?

21 minutes ago, ThyRum said:

I was wondering if a 3060ti could be enough with following settings: RayTracing Medium, DLSS Balanced and i would like to reach the 60 FPS mark. Has anyone tried if this is possible?

Hardware Unboxed has. You'll be hovering between 40FPS and 50FPS, not reaching 60.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

57 minutes ago, ThyRum said:

was wondering if a 3060ti could be enough with following settings: RayTracing Medium, DLSS Balanced and i would like to reach the 60 FPS mark.

Nope. 

176uowguqb461.jpg.d27daef58b2fc3b269152775c685b191.jpg

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, WereCatf said:

Hardware Unboxed has. You'll be hovering between 40FPS and 50FPS, not reaching 60.

i already watched that video, but as far as i can tell, they only tested it with max settings on the basic grafical settings, but i havent seen anyone try CP2077 with lowered settings but still with RT:medium. Or did i get something wrong?

6 hours ago, The Torrent said:

im guessing this means my 1060 deffo aint gonna do 3440 x 1440? :/

Ohh god no...I have a 1080ti with 2560x1440 monitor only and I have to turn off some stuff and use medium settings to reach 60fps...

With this card and monitor you'll have a hard time reaching 30fps on low.

But anyways the game is boring, the story makes no sense and the controls are bad...it's a cheap game with upgraded graphics.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

3 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Ohh god no...I have a 1080ti with 2560x1440 monitor only and I have to turn off some stuff and use medium settings to reach 60fps...

With this card and monitor you'll have a hard time reaching 30fps on low.

But anyways the game is boring, the story makes no sense and the controls are bad...it's a cheap game with upgraded graphics.

Hm, i run it at the moment on medium 1080p ultrawide on a mix of low and medium settings and manage 45 out in the dense streets and nearly 60 indoors.

And personally I love the game and till this point (6 hours playtime) it is everything i hoped for. Not sure what you mean about the controls. Personally I'm only saddened that the time for upgrading came earlier than i hoped.

10 hours ago, WereCatf said:

I tried to run the numbers and i just want someone to test it out for me.
According to the numbers of the Hardware Unboxed videos (both of them):

2560x1440 on an 3060ti reached :

71 FPS on medium/49 FPS on ultra without RT and no DLSS (so about 30% loss or a 40% gain depending from where we start)

- 52 FPS on ultra + medium RT + DLSS Quality (a gain of 6% compared to ultra without RT and DLSS)

The jump from quality DLSS to balanced seems to be around 15% +FPS

Toms Hardware compared Superwide resolution and UItrawide and most of the time it seems to be around a 23% FPS hit.

So if my math is right, 3440x1440 with medium settings + RT: medium + DLSS Balanced should be:

52 * 1.4 * 1.06 * 1.15 * 0.77 = 68

I do understand that it is very much just theoretical. But I would really hope that someone would try this and give me their impressions.

42 minutes ago, ThyRum said:

Hm, i run it at the moment on medium 1080p ultrawide on a mix of low and medium settings and manage 45 out in the dense streets and nearly 60 indoors..

Yeah but you have a 1070ti...he was asking about a 1060 which is a much weaker card...and he was asking about 3440x1440...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

2 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Yeah but you have a 1070ti...he was asking about a 1060 which is a much weaker card...and he was asking about 3440x1440...

oh sorry ... was a missunderstanding