What size PSU for a 3970X CPU and an NVidia 3080/3090

1 minute ago, LED_Guy said:

Any comments on HX1000 v AX1000?  The AX1000 has a second EPS which should be better for an sTRX4 build

So does hx1000 and rm1000i?

6 minutes ago, Elisis said:

And this is a criticism... how, exactly?

No I did not. All I said that your "experience" is irrelevant in matters pertaining to who OEMs whom. 

So you don’t have a recommendation and just want to bust my balls because I said Seasonic is an OEM.

Still didn’t answer my question, so more troll than not in my eyes.  I answered your questions and you haven’t contributed anything useful.  Ya got nothing, move on

2 hours ago, Elisis said:

Here's some advice: don't. Don't look for efficiency in particular.  Look for good units first of all.

Nothing on what constitutes a “good unit”.  Do you think I’m going to look for a crap unit?

4 minutes ago, LED_Guy said:

Nothing on what constitutes a “good unit”.  Do you think I’m going to look for a crap unit?

Perhaps if you weren't such a prick in asking I may have actually answered such questions :)

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

^-^

Just now, Elisis said:

Perhaps if you weren't such a prick in asking I may have actually answered such questions :)

So demanding I answer your question before you even address what’s in the OP isn’t being a prick?  Guess its more of being an ass?🤣

I sense you’re the type who enjoys pretending to know more yet somehow never providing any useful information.  Glad to have provided entertainment for you, but I’ve actually got a build to complete

so, these debates have been moot for the last year.

The real question is what is available.

I could give you a dozen recommendations, but if they haven't been in stock for a year, what difference does it make?

https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?Submit=ENE&N=100007657 601115166 8000 600112163 600479299 600479300 600479298 4841 1065777880 1065545686&cm_sp=Cat_Power-Supplies_3-_-VisNav-_-80plus-titanium_1&Order=1

$550 dollars for the Corsair 1600 is steep. But it is a once and done solution that you can continue to recycle for years.

Since it and some Superflower units are all that are in stock....It is the answer TODAY.

PS, ignored the TT units as not rec for your build.

15 hours ago, LED_Guy said:

I sense you’re the type who enjoys pretending to know more yet somehow never providing any useful information.

Thanks for the laugh, dude, that made my day. Best of luck to you.