When do you guys think SSD prices will go down?

Im wondering when this will happen mainly because of the performance difference between the standard HDDs and SSDs. :P

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

They are going down steadily, near $0.50 a GB, My first 120gb ssd cost me $240ish, pretty soon they will be as cheap as HDD's and they will be the standard

There low now. great time to buy.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

They are already steadily going down. My 128gb vertex 3 cost me like $230 a couple years ago.

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

Well, if everyone would stop buying them for only 1 month they would become dirt cheap, but that's not how the world works, and the prices are dropping, slowly but they are. I think I saw a Seagate 250Gig SSD for 129 CAD on ncix. That's a really good deal for an SSD.

Fx-8320 Clocked@ 4.5Ghz, 2 * 4GB Corsair Vengeance Blue, 2 * Gigabyte rev1.0 R9 280x's, 2TB Seagate Drive, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 rev4.0 mobo, Fractal design Define R4 with SP120 High Performance Edition In the Side Panel, Corsair AX 860i, Corsair K60 Reds, Razor DeathAdder.

I dont think that stoppig buying them for a month or so would drop price much, amd if it did it would be for an extremely short time.

Really theres not going to be that sweet spot of "SSD's are holding steady at a really low price." Until another more reliable or faster solution becomes commercially available. There's going to be a steady decrease in price as time go on for auite a while. Might as well buy it now and enjoy it instead of trying to save that extra .05 cents per dollar.

If you mean when they're the same price as HDDs, that will be a couple years or maybe longer.

Prices drop everytime a new process node comes out that can make ever smaller transistors for use in flash memory. Right now the current process has stabilised in good volumes so things are nice and cheap and available and the next big jump will be with the next doubling of density.

They go down all the time, its a great time to buy an SSD, current gen has some great speeds and have been around for long enough now you can find out which brands are reliable.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

all in time

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB