Too many passwords!!!

Go to solution Solved by Kreations31,

At this rate, we will have passwords for our passwords.  :blink:

Black Forest ALL DAY! PI SUCKS ILL BURN THE PI GODS IN THE NAME OF THE CAKE GODS!

Blasphemy! But ya, too many passwords can get out of hand lol ;D

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

now you need a mop!  :o

Crap the maid will not be hear till Friday, guess Ill have to throw a paper towel over it. 

It doesn't really bother me too much. Mine are always different variations of different passwords, but I do like that a lot of sites are now allowing you to sign in using Google and other sites. 

you should just use 2 or 3 strong passwords for all accounts.

make it with caps numbers and make it long

Wow, so much fail here...

First, never use an online storage passwd database, might as well just give out the passwrds. Assuming you value it.

Second, never use a passwd database for something of actual value, if the site is so important and valuable (thinking financial sites here not LTT or FB), and if its too much to remember a passwd for something of this high a value you might as well write it down on your arm for all to see.

Third, sure for forums, FB, YouTube or BS sites of no value other than posting or viewing use a passwd database, don't use the same passwd for all those sites, raise the hacker bar above scrip kiddie at the very least. Using different usernames/e-mails helps here.

Fourth, never use a valuable E-mail address for the BS sites in the Third list above. Yes, you can forward the rouge e-mail address to your real account but they should really never connect each other.

Fifth, don't list out your passwd algorithm online or to anyone, make one up and list that.

Sixth, change your passwords at some interval you set, but at least twice a year if not more and don't reuse passwords. Don't use the same algorithm for the same site.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

How about using a universal password? I got 2 passwords, one for game and forum and stuff, one for more serious account with money in it.

i use the same pass over and over. :| dont judge me pls

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

I'm not sure what the point of this topic is. The OP is whining about passwords, and doesn't want to do anything about it.

If you're making a different password for EVERY single site you visit, you are going to go insane. The only sites that need different passwords are things like your Online bank, car insurence, pay pal, credit card sites, etc. You dont need different passwords for your FB, you twitter, your youtube, etc. Obviously dont make them easy, but they dont have to all be different for every single website you visit. And if you insist on using a different password for everything, ffs man us the "Remember my Password" option and set a master password.. Your browser encrypts the password database, and as long as you use a reasonably strong password your passwords will be fine. If you have a problem with that, download a password manager (I recommend KeyPass). Same thing applies as with the browser, make a very strong password and i would highly recommend putting it on a flash drive that you keep with you or in a safe location. If you need more help managing your passwords then that, you may as well just write them on a sticky note. Theres a limit to the "security thru obscurity" motif.

I am whatever I am. 

Wow, the fails continue ... :blink:

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

If getting tired of every website under the sun wanting me to make a password.  I have to make a different one for every site so as not to have my accounts taken by hackers. With so many you will lose or forget some along the way, so why does everyone want you to make one? Here are all the site I have had to make passwords for, is anyone else getting sick of it? 

Bank

Cell Phone

Cell Phone voice mail(yes its different)

Internet service providers

Department of Motor Vehicles

My jobs computer(I have to change it every 3 months!)

My 401k

For the Visa logo on my bank card(yes its own password)

League of Legends

Star Craft 2

Planetside 2

Minecraft

Perfectworld.com

Grepolis

Amazon

Thunderbird

Steam

Itunes

Youtube

Ebay

Linus Tech Tips Forums 

Pizza Hut internet ordering(yes they have that)

Thats all I can remember for now but there are more!

How long until I need a password to use the bathroom!

i have the same for everything ive never been hacked. altho my password is a 42 long hexagon algorythm but whatever

I'm not sure what the point of this topic is. The OP is whining about passwords, and doesn't want to do anything about it.

If you're making a different password for EVERY single site you visit, you are going to go insane. The only sites that need different passwords are things like your Online bank, car insurence, pay pal, credit card sites, etc. You dont need different passwords for your FB, you twitter, your youtube, etc. Obviously dont make them easy, but they dont have to all be different for every single website you visit. And if you insist on using a different password for everything, ffs man us the "Remember my Password" option and set a master password.. Your browser encrypts the password database, and as long as you use a reasonably strong password your passwords will be fine. If you have a problem with that, download a password manager (I recommend KeyPass). Same thing applies as with the browser, make a very strong password and i would highly recommend putting it on a flash drive that you keep with you or in a safe location. If you need more help managing your passwords then that, you may as well just write them on a sticky note. Theres a limit to the "security thru obscurity" motif.

IF you don't know the point(if you read the post you would) or think its whining then don't reply to the post.

So if I lose the paper or someone robs my house and finds it then what?

yeah I keep all my passwords In different places for tht reason I have them backed up on a ssd that use for very important things I reccomend it since a 60gb ssd is like 30 bucks half the time and we'll worth it especially if u have a hot swap bay

IF you don't know the point(if you read the post you would) or think its whining then don't reply to the post.

I read your post, and it seems that instead of whining about making so many passwords, you're complaining about having to make passwords to begin with. And I quote from your OP: "...so why does everyone want you to make one?" and " .....is anyone else getting sick of it?". Also, when someone else suggested using google chrome so save your passwords, you said "Google chrome saves them on your pc so if it get stolen  :(". Then after that everyone started talking about Pi day, then IdealStormer said something about fails and how all password management is stupid and if you can't remember it don't use it.  So if the point isn't about too many passwords or your own inability/unwillingness to manage them, enlighten me. 

I am whatever I am. 

wat is your point? just write them down on a paper old school never dies :)

Or in a text doc than encrypt that.

Clearly no one has used a password manager like Lastpass...

I use KeePass since it's not web based and I can have it on my USB drive so when I need to log into my laptop and websites, it's handy and encrypted.

- Samo

CPU: Intel i7 4790k MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97x-UD3H RAM: 2x4gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti SC w/ ACX SSD: Samsung 820 128gb HDD: Seagate 1TB PSU: Cooler Master eXtreme 800w Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout

I use a passphrase with 28 characters for most things but seperate ones for say paypal and such.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.