Too many passwords!!!

Go to solution Solved by Kreations31,

At this rate, we will have passwords for our passwords.  :blink:

If you think a safe is "very expensive", you must think your passwords/data aren't worth very much.

It is up to you how much you think your passwords are worth and how far you will go to protect them.

Its not a mater of what I think its what I can AFFORD, a good safe that will keep robbers out will have to be very large or high tech. That cast lots of money, and I know people that had safes that the hole safe was stolen and with in hours there accounts were taken. I don,t have $2000-5000 to get a truly unbreakable or so big it cant be taken, if I could I wold have dune that long ago.

That's actually a really good idea. My password is pretty nuts, but I have it memorized by muscle memory and it usually has the same sequence. The issue is that I skewed each one ever so slightly, that I found myself in password recovery way too many times. :P

For example: service.number specific to that service.personal interest_string of numbers.

So for steam I might do: steam.1.computers_43567, and for origin I might do: origin.2.computers_43567. So essentially all you have to remember is the number that is specific to that service, because the service name is on the site, and the last part is the same for all of your passwords.

I can think of some elaborate ways of securing your password that I've seen from Bitcoin users such as hashing your password through SHA-256 for a 64 digit hexadecimal key e.g., 2b5cb74f0819f035f3cbf44c636346cf3eb9f6ce93b4f1d46c9778ec24951997.

I can't help but feel that would be impossible to remember. What about pi to the millionth decimal place?  :D

I can't help but feel that would be impossible to remember. What about pi to the millionth decimal place?  :D

Did you have Pi yesterday?!?!  I had Coconut Cream Pie  :wub:  :wub:

Haha, have fun typing that in all the time. Unless you have it saved somewhere, which would defeat the purpose if someone got a hold of where that pw is saved. Also, this was the issue with my multiple passwords. Because it was sorta long but memorable certain logins had a character cap. So I had to chop it down sometimes so on and so forth.  

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Did you have Pi yesterday?!?!  I had Coconut Cream Pie  :wub:  :wub:

It's all about that apple pie my friend. MMmmmm mmmm glorious!

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

I usually only have a hard time remembering the ones that I purposley made difficult. I wrote them down just in case.

Hmm.  I don't know.. Cake on Pi day... That may have upset the Pi gods.  What type of cake?

Black Forest ALL DAY! PI SUCKS ILL BURN THE PI GODS IN THE NAME OF THE CAKE GODS!

Don't write things like:

Facebook - [password]

LTT Forum - [password]

Make a letter key that only you know like:

A - [password]

B - [password]

Kensington Locks...

And they can't get your passwords in Chrome if your computer is locked... Think about that?

[EDIT] Also... They don't know your usernames if you write them down

I like the idea of that plan but really i just like it because it made me think of using a book and using a sentence from each page or going down from the top from on a random page. If someone sees a book on your desk no one is going to think its passwords and if you lose it you can buy another copy.

Woah.  What did the Pi gods ever do to you?!?

You fallow a false GOD! 

You've been wrong about every single thing you've ever done, including this thing. You're not smart. You're not a scientist. You're not a doctor. You're not even a full-time employee! Where did your life go so wrong?

At this rate, we will have passwords for our passwords.  :blink:

Don,t forget your password to use the toilet it has to have at least 1 number and 1 letter.

You could use a password manager so just remember one master password for all your other ones. You can get stuff like that for browser and I think USB sticks as well. many people have a USB on their keys these days.

Plus you can minimize what you buy/do that uses passwords. consolidate/convergences. Maybe buy a iphone 5s/6 or galaxy S5 and use the fingerprint scanner to lock your phone, therefore no password.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

Don,t forget your password to use the toilet it has to have at least 1 number and 1 letter.

ok, "4TP".

how about 4TP24/7

Now that I know your password I can change it and lock you out!  B)

Although biometrics is not the best solution, it is useful for sites that really aren't that important.

Now that I know your password I can change it and lock you out!  B)

now you need a mop!  :o