Phanteks Evolv Shift, Kraken m22 cooling issues with Ryzen 3700x

Go to solution Solved by arundel,

Hi guys, thanks for the replies, I think I have found the issue, first of all I forgot to install washers on the thumbscrews, so I had always not tightened the thumbscrews down fully, just until I felt resistance. After washers and another turn and a half, my cpu idles at 55 and gets up to 85 under load, which I am satisfied with. I also ran the pump header cable directly to the motherboard instead of going through a pwm controller, and I think that helped a little as well.

Thanks for the help!

I'm currently running the following system, for around a year now.

Phanteks Evolv Shift

Ryzen 3700x

Gigabyte Aorus X570

Radeon rx 5700x

Kraken m22 Cooler

My cpu is running pretty hot under load/idle, even after I undervolted and underclocked it, I know there are known issues with the evolv shift, but even taking off all the panels only lowers temps by around 1-2 degrees. I've tried reapplying thermal paste/re-setting the cooler once already, but I still get the same temps. 

I am running 3.3 GHz at 1.05 V, and I idle at around 60 degrees and get to 105 degrees under load. This can't be normal for this case/cooler right?

image.png.c51f410ab433c93c0be1ff1f0b4b88b1.png

5 minutes ago, arundel said:

I'm currently running the following system, for around a year now.

Phanteks Evolv Shift

Ryzen 3700x

Gigabyte Aorus X570

Radeon rx 5700x

Kraken m22 Cooler

My cpu is running pretty hot under load/idle, even after I undervolted and underclocked it, I know there are known issues with the evolv shift, but even taking off all the panels only lowers temps by around 1-2 degrees. I've tried reapplying thermal paste/re-setting the cooler once already, but I still get the same temps. 

I am running 3.3 GHz at 1.05 V, and I idle at around 60 degrees and get to 105 degrees under load. This can't be normal for this case/cooler right?

image.png.c51f410ab433c93c0be1ff1f0b4b88b1.png

well the pumps sits on the block and the rad sit at the bottom. if there is too much air in your clc then the air is sit in the block not moving any fluid. this could be your problem.

easy test would be to hold the case upside or hold the rad high then cpu block and start it up. try to shake it it a bit to help move the air out of the blobk. if temps drop then you know the problem is air in the loop.

Nzxt coolers usually need bloatware called CAM. Check your pump speed from there.

Hi guys, thanks for the replies, I think I have found the issue, first of all I forgot to install washers on the thumbscrews, so I had always not tightened the thumbscrews down fully, just until I felt resistance. After washers and another turn and a half, my cpu idles at 55 and gets up to 85 under load, which I am satisfied with. I also ran the pump header cable directly to the motherboard instead of going through a pwm controller, and I think that helped a little as well.

Thanks for the help!