Anything i could do to boost gaming performance on my pc? like programs, settings etc.

WengYanPang

there is no free performance. overclock or bust.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Since you have not described your machine at all there isn’t anything to say really.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

With this amount of details, nothing. What is your hardware, what are the games you are looking at and whats the actual issue? For the most things, OS and other software have very little effect. Yes, you can close all background stuff to gain bit more use out of RAM or CPU, but thats it. GPU mainly renders whats on screen, it doesn't really care what you have on background.

Overclocking is only thing you might be able to do. But since you have not said hardware, I suspect you have older pre-built with locked Intel chip, possibly proprietary PSU and mobo, and so can't really upgrade without going for full new PC.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Since you have not described your machine at all there isn’t anything to say really.

oops sry
CPU:Intel 8th gen i7-8665UE GPU:Intel UHD graphics 620 RAM: 8GB

9 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

With this amount of details, nothing. What is your hardware, what are the games you are looking at and whats the actual issue? For the most things, OS and other software have very little effect. Yes, you can close all background stuff to gain bit more use out of RAM or CPU, but thats it. GPU mainly renders whats on screen, it doesn't really care what you have on background.

Overclocking is only thing you might be able to do. But since you have not said hardware, I suspect you have older pre-built with locked Intel chip, possibly proprietary PSU and mobo, and so can't really upgrade without going for full new PC.

Valorant

A laptop I presume?

External GPU would be one option for gaming ... though it costs very much, compared to desktop equivalent option.

I edit my posts more often than not

If the machine doesn’t have an SSD, changing from a HDD to an SSD could shorten loading times but it wouldn’t change fps at all.  Valorant is an online game which means it can be dependent on internet quality.  If your connection is very bad with lots of lag something might be improved there.  If it’s decent though making it better won’t help much. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 hours ago, WengYanPang said:

Valorant

Nothing really. Lacking of GPU is your biggest issue there, and only thing you can do in software side is to set resolution and graphics to lowest possible.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

14 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Nothing really. Lacking of GPU is your biggest issue there, and only thing you can do in software side is to set resolution and graphics to lowest possible.

is there a way i could overclock my cpu or gpu? and should i do it?

3 minutes ago, WengYanPang said:

should i.... overclock my cpu?

Well, if you could yes, but you can't. Or could maybe with base clock tweaks. But thats is if you can access those options in BIOS. Plus, any OCing means more heating and your PC probably can't handle it, be it laptop, OEM or AIO.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Well, if you could yes, but you can't. Or could maybe with base clock tweaks. But thats is if you can access those options in BIOS. Plus, any OCing means more heating and your PC probably can't handle it, be it laptop, OEM or AIO.

aw man, is there anything i could do to improve performance?

7 minutes ago, WengYanPang said:

aw man, is there anything i could do to improve performance?

Yeah, lower your settings, resolution etc., close all background programs, and lower your expectations.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 12/10/2020 at 10:45 PM, LogicalDrm said:

Yeah, lower your settings, resolution etc., close all background programs, and lower your expectations.

wow ok thx