Windows Share over Internet

hi

i would like to use a network folder with a friend, i know that windows share over internet isn't the most secure option, but it's for some random data (small softwares, homework...)

i have opened these ports: 

TCP/445

TCP/139

UDP/137

UDP/138

but i can't access the folder.

Can someone explain me why (if the ISP is blocking those ports, how can i use them anyway?)

thank you

You've just opened a massive security hole into your network. You NEED to close those ports, now. If your ISP is blocking them, good. If you need to share small files use dropbox or something, not the most insecure way ever.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

4 hours ago, Hanscento said:

hi

i would like to use a network folder with a friend, i know that windows share over internet isn't the most secure option, but it's for some random data (small softwares, homework...)

TCP/445

TCP/139

UDP/137

UDP/138

Can someone explain me why (if the ISP is blocking those ports, how can i use them anyway?)

thank you

ISP's will block ports related to security issues. Also, you dont share stuff over the internet like that. The proper way would be to setup a VPN between you and your friend, the VPN would encrypt the traffic. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 12/8/2020 at 8:16 PM, Hanscento said:

hi

TCP/445

TCP/139

UDP/137

UDP/138

thank you

i'd say no to this, as it's very open

create a free google drive

dropbox

or onedrive and share via that way

currently rocking 

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 32 GB of corsair vengeance RGB ram and hoping to get my 6800XT soon!!!!