GPU Support Bracket with 12V 4-PIN Connector to 5V-12V 3-PIN Switchable Header?

Hi,

I have Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite motherboard and I want to connect to it GPU anti-sag support bracket that is sold in 12V 4-PIN and 5V 3-PIN configuration:

image.thumb.png.108e3e66af6f317b7584e6afd0411f8c.png

My question is about A-RGB 5V 3-PIN header (D_LED1) that has another header near called DLED_V_SW1:

image.png.4448c21ee178b7ada5a8b02d32d5b109.png

This switch changes voltage of 3-PIN header from 5V to 12V and vice versa.

My question is, if I switch A-RGB 3-PIN header from 5V to 12V, can I connect GPU support bracket in 12V 4-PIN configuration to that header?

Will changing 5V to 12V change it from A-RGB to RGB i.e. make it no longer addressable or it will remain addressable but in higher voltage instead?

Thanks.

The D_LED1  is  5v addressable  .. voltage , data , ground.   It's probably what they refer to in the first picture as 5v 3 pin 

the 12v 4 pin option on the page would most likely work with the 5 pin connector on your motherboard - 12v 4 pin  is 12v , G , R, B  ... W is optional ( green, red, blue, white) - lots of leds strips don't have the 4th  white pin.

5 hours ago, TechnicGeek said:

Hi,

I have Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite motherboard and I want to connect to it GPU anti-sag support bracket that is sold in 12V 4-PIN and 5V 3-PIN configuration:

image.thumb.png.108e3e66af6f317b7584e6afd0411f8c.png

My question is about A-RGB 5V 3-PIN header (D_LED1) that has another header near called DLED_V_SW1:

image.png.4448c21ee178b7ada5a8b02d32d5b109.png

This switch changes voltage of 3-PIN header from 5V to 12V and vice versa.

My question is, if I switch A-RGB 3-PIN header from 5V to 12V, can I connect GPU support bracket in 12V 4-PIN configuration to that header?

Will changing 5V to 12V change it from A-RGB to RGB i.e. make it no longer addressable or it will remain addressable but in higher voltage instead?

Thanks.

the switch will alow 3pin 12v argb from 3pin 5v argb will not work for 4pin 12v but you have a 12v 5pin all ready so...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

I don't have 12V 5-PIN available. It's currently being used.

What will happen if I plug 12V 4-PIN connector to D_LED1 5V 3-PIN VD G if I increase its voltage to 12V?

It should fit because 3rd pin does not exist but its form matches 4-PIN connector. I mean despite there are only 3 pins in header, it matches the 4-PIN connector of GPU support bracket.

2 hours ago, TechnicGeek said:

What will happen if I plug 12V 4-PIN connector to D_LED1 5V 3-PIN VD G if I increase its voltage to 12V?

It should fit because 3rd pin does not exist but its form matches 4-PIN connector. I mean despite there are only 3 pins in header, it matches the 4-PIN connector of GPU support bracket.

you CANT add rgb 12v to argb 5v even if you change it to 12v argb!

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

2 hours ago, TechnicGeek said:

buy a spliter

your getting confused. that listing has and option to buy and addressable rgb 5v, an rgb12v, no rgb, or single color, the jumper for the 5v addressable header is confusing you so dont wory about it. buy the 5vargb one onf you want to hook to that empty 5v argb header, or buy the rgb one and buy a splitter and use it on your 5 pin rgb header.

3 minutes ago, TechnicGeek said:

@thrasher_565 Then what is "DLED_V_SW1" for?

i told you what its for...