Scythe Fuma 2 or Dark Rock Pro 4 for Ryzen 9 5950X?

pavlest

Can someone please tell me which of this two coolers is better for Ryzen 9 5950X: Scythe Fuma 2 or Dark Rock Pro 4?

They’re both 6 pipe dual towers.  Pretty comparable.  It’s theoretically a 105w chip, so both will be more than strictly necessary.   I’d say whichever one is cheaper. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I would go with the scythe FUMA 2, It's a lot cheaper and the 5950x isn't hot enough to justify the very slight difference between the two 

18 minutes ago, Mohammad Saleh said:

better go for the ekwb 360 millimeter radiator they have

nice job recommending a 50-70 euro more expensive part that wasn't part of the question.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

4 hours ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

I would go with the scythe FUMA 2, It's a lot cheaper and the 5950x isn't hot enough to justify the very slight difference between the two 

nice job recommending a 50-70 euro more expensive part that wasn't part of the question.

both options are not good if you have the money to spend on a 5950x then who probably also have the money to buy a ekwb 360 mil radiator

2 hours ago, Mohammad Saleh said:

both options are not good if you have the money to spend on a 5950x then who probably also have the money to buy a ekwb 360 mil radiator

There are disadvantages to AIOs reliability wise though. One has moving parts, the other doesnt.  The AIO does have a larger heat envelope.  It can be done without in this case though. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 hours ago, Mohammad Saleh said:

the thing is, both of those air coolers provide near equal cooling to the 360mm aio, and to be honest the 5950x isn't that hot of a chip, It doesn't need a 360mm AIO. theres a difference between buying what you need and wasting money. 

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

There are disadvantages to AIOs reliability wise though. One has moving parts, the other doesnt.  The AIO does have a larger heat envelope.  It can be done without in this case though. 

do fans also move

Fans do move but are easily replaced. Same cannot be said for AIOs if their pump fails.

Yes the Fuma 2 is a good price performance option.

The Noctua NH-D15 is strictly speaking better than the Fuma 2 but also costs a lot more

• 3 months later...

-deleted- necrothread.  No idea why it popped up on my thingie

Edited by Bombastinator

Scythe Fuma 2, Deepcool Assassin 3 or a value option Gelid Phantom.

There are difference of installing difficulty and price in the region.

NH-D15S would be maybe the ultimate option, but it sots too much imo.

I edit my posts more often than not