cpu usage at 100% and 90% when limited to and gpu 30-50%

exddiae

i have intel i5 9500f 1660ti 8gb ram on ssd and i saw review of this the guy had like 200 fps+ also i had 200fps now i get 140-80 fps even lower sometimes idk what to do to get my gpu higher without changing to high settings

1 minute ago, exddiae said:

i have intel i5 9500f 1660ti 8gb ram on ssd and i saw review of this the guy had like 200 fps+ also i had 200fps now i get 140-80 fps even lower sometimes idk what to do to get my gpu higher without changing to high settings

game?

CPU clocks while gaming?

settings?

need more info

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.4GHz 1.2v / GPU: MSI Radeon RX 5700 Mech OC GP (5700XT Bios) @ 2GHz / MB: Asus ROG Strix B450-F / RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 / CASE: MSI MAG Vampiric 010X

16 minutes ago, LordWk said:

game?

CPU clocks while gaming?

settings?

need more info

in fortnite

Check if you are on performance mode in Energy Settings.

Download MSI Afterburner and check your CPU clock's while playing a game.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.4GHz 1.2v / GPU: MSI Radeon RX 5700 Mech OC GP (5700XT Bios) @ 2GHz / MB: Asus ROG Strix B450-F / RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 / CASE: MSI MAG Vampiric 010X

26 minutes ago, exddiae said:

If the cpu is at 100%, the open task manager and see what's running and loading the cpu.

What changed between getting 200 and now? Did you install any software? Go to any shaddy sites? Get Malware? Change game settings? 

1 hour ago, LordWk said:

Check if you are on performance mode in Energy Settings.

Download MSI Afterburner and check your CPU clock's while playing a game.

i am on performance mode there and my settting are all low and view distance epic

1 hour ago, Blue4130 said:

If the cpu is at 100%, the open task manager and see what's running and loading the cpu.

What changed between getting 200 and now? Did you install any software? Go to any shaddy sites? Get Malware? Change game settings? 

i dont have any maleware on my pc i scanned it

2 hours ago, exddiae said:

i dont have any maleware on my pc i scanned it

Do the first part of what I said. What is running and using your cpu? 

2 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

Do the first part of what I said. What is running and using your cpu? 

its only in fortnite

Running fast-paced games on low settings tends to be mostly CPU-bound, and games tend to become more difficult to run over time as more stuff gets patched in, so I don't think that's crazy to expect.

but other people can play it on low and high pc specs

2 minutes ago, Grabhanem said:

Running fast-paced games on low settings tends to be mostly CPU-bound, and games tend to become more difficult to run over time as more stuff gets patched in, so I don't think that's crazy to expect.

i just want to get 144 stable fps cuz i cant i get fps drops at some places

1 minute ago, exddiae said:

i just want to get 144 stable fps cuz i cant i get fps drops at some places

Are you running a Freesync/Gsync monitor? I find that even when I'm well below 144fps, freesync makes framedrops basically unnoticeable.

14 minutes ago, Grabhanem said:

Are you running a Freesync/Gsync monitor? I find that even when I'm well below 144fps, freesync makes framedrops basically unnoticeable.

i dont know to be honest

it says i have amd free sync like on the store i bhought it but these fps drops happened before i had the screen (few days ago) and i had usualy like really good 200+ fps even with higher settings now i dont and i scanned my pc on malewarebytes im good but idk

What resolution are you playing at?  Have you checked task manager to see if anything else is running? Could be a windows update hogging CPU resources. Freesync monitor might not work with Nvidia GPU, some do some don't.  What are you using to measure CPU/GPU usage?

CPU - Ryzen 7 5800x3D |  GPU - RTX 3080 TUF OC | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570 | RAM - Patriot Viper Blackout 32GB 3200MHz | Case - InWin 805 | Boot Drive - Corsair MP600 PCIe 4.0  Storage - 2 x 1TB SSD's & 1 500GB SSD | PSU - Seasonic Focus Gold 1000w | Display - ASUS TUF VG27WQ Curved 1440P 165Hz | Cooling - ASUS TUF LC240 AIO + 5 aRGB Fans

2 minutes ago, Gazereths said:

What resolution are you playing at?  Have you checked task manager to see if anything else is running? Could be a windows update hogging CPU resources. Freesync monitor might not work with Nvidia GPU, some do some don't.  What are you using to measure CPU/GPU usage?

im playng on 1920x1080 and i have freesync monitor i used msi afterburner now i see my max was 72 but it stays on 50 most of the game and the cpu is carrying i dont know what background apps

well something must have changed, a game doesn't drop ~100 fps just like that. windows update? drivers? did the game get an update?  Anything...? 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 minute ago, Mark Kaine said:

well something must have changed, a game doesn't drop ~100 fps just like that. windows update? drivers? did the game get an update?  Anything...? 

the game got updated but it happened before the update

2 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

also i saw a bench mark with my same specs and he had 80% and much stable frames*

How old is the video/benchmark you saw? Link? You mentioned "max was 72 but stays at 50" what do these numbers mean? GPU usage? FPS?

Open task manager while the game is running, click on CPU percentage so the arrow is pointing down and take a screenshot, let us have a look.

CPU - Ryzen 7 5800x3D |  GPU - RTX 3080 TUF OC | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570 | RAM - Patriot Viper Blackout 32GB 3200MHz | Case - InWin 805 | Boot Drive - Corsair MP600 PCIe 4.0  Storage - 2 x 1TB SSD's & 1 500GB SSD | PSU - Seasonic Focus Gold 1000w | Display - ASUS TUF VG27WQ Curved 1440P 165Hz | Cooling - ASUS TUF LC240 AIO + 5 aRGB Fans

3 hours ago, Gazereths said:

How old is the video/benchmark you saw? Link? You mentioned "max was 72 but stays at 50" what do these numbers mean? GPU usage? FPS?

Open task manager while the game is running, click on CPU percentage so the arrow is pointing down and take a screenshot, let us have a look.

no the bench mark was like a month old and i had the same fps as the bench mark now i dont and also the bench mark was like 200-130 fps in fights and stuff and now i get in general like 130 to 80 maybe bit lower he said he could get stable 144 fps

3 hours ago, Gazereths said:

the cpu fact dosent bother me that much cause im not lagging its the fact that my gpu isnt going up on tempature in the bench mark i saw his tempature on gpu was like 80-85 or smth and me with even epic settings its on 60 tempature so the cpu is carrying the gpu insted of being equal and giving me a stable fps you get it?

Screenshot_240.png

16 minutes ago, exddiae said:

the cpu fact dosent bother me that much cause im not lagging its the fact that my gpu isnt going up on tempature in the bench mark i saw his tempature on gpu was like 80-85 or smth and me with even epic settings its on 60 tempature so the cpu is carrying the gpu insted of being equal and giving me a stable fps you get it?

Nope I don't get it. Your comments are sort of all over the place. Screenshot task manager when the game is running. The computer does other stuff in the background. 

And don't take a video benchmark as the gospel, you have a different system, it's going to run differently. (even if you have the same basic hardware, you have no idea what they are using for software, patches or tweaks)