Cooler for Ryzen 5800x

Slazyel

Hi guys,

I need a cooler for my ryzen 5800x. Between Hyper 212 Black RGB for $33 and XPG Levante 240 AIO for $98, which one should i choose?

Definitely the AIO, especially if you're wanting to overclock the 5800x. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

Just now, bellabichon said:

Definitely the AIO, especially if you're wanting to overclock the 5800x. 

Thanks! Would you say it is a good AIO? I am not from US, so prices here are a bit different. I see that the xpg are being sold for as low as $130 on US. Here it is cheaper but other watercoolers like Corsair or NXZT ones are the same price as US or even pricier. The H100i pro xt for instance costs $120, the H115i Platinum RGB costs $155 and the NZXT X63 costs $170 

1 minute ago, Slazyel said:

Thanks! Would you say it is a good AIO? I am not from US, so prices here are a bit different. I see that the xpg are being sold for as low as $130 on US. Here it is cheaper but other watercoolers like Corsair or NXZT ones are the same price as US or even pricier. The H100i pro xt for instance costs $120, the H115i Platinum RGB costs $155 and the NZXT X63 costs $170 

For $98, that AIO is a pretty great deal. The MSRP is supposed to be $150 USD. It's not the best AIO out there, and I've heard some reviews saying it can get a bit loud, but it performs at the same level as H150i Pro, which is significantly more expensive. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

16 minutes ago, Slazyel said:

Hi guys,

I need a cooler for my ryzen 5800x. Between Hyper 212 Black RGB for $33 and XPG Levante 240 AIO for $98, which one should i choose?

Neither

Thermalright ARO Ryzen edition

a fat 6 heat pipe cooler for $50, also comes in ryzen orange
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/zV6qqs/thermalright-aro-m14g-736-cfm-cpu-cooler-aro-m14g

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/htw7YJ/thermalright-aro-m14o-736-cfm-cpu-cooler-aro-m14o

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

3 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Sadly, not available in Brazil :(

6 minutes ago, bellabichon said:

For $98, that AIO is a pretty great deal. The MSRP is supposed to be $150 USD. It's not the best AIO out there, and I've heard some reviews saying it can get a bit loud, but it performs at the same level as H150i Pro, which is significantly more expensive. 

Thank you!

Currently using the hyper 212 black to overclock my i7 CPU. For a mild OC, it's definitely adequate

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, Slazyel said:

Sadly, not available in Brazil :(

Then is the GAMMAX 500 only slightly more than the 4 heat pipe coolermaster cooler?

As it'll be fine for a Ryzen 8 core.

https://br.pcpartpicker.com/product/WskgXL/gamemax-gamma-500-argb-5118-cfm-cpu-cooler-gamma-500-argb#

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

Just now, Fasauceome said:

Currently using the hyper 212 black to overclock my i7 CPU. For a mild OC, it's definitely adequate

Which I7 and which tdp? Also, how are the temps?

Just now, Slazyel said:

Which I7 and which tdp? Also, how are the temps?

My 8086k can manage 4.7 all core with temps in the mid 60s in a synthetic benchmark. Mind you, I live in the Midwest so I believe that's a bit farther from the equator than you but I don't imagine the temps being unacceptable for you.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

My 8086k can manage 4.7 all core with temps in the mid 60s in a synthetic benchmark. Mind you, I live in the Midwest so I believe that's a bit farther from the equator than you but I don't imagine the temps being unacceptable for you.

Thank you!

1 minute ago, Slazyel said:

This one is an option. Thank you!

The 240mm AIO would be better, but if it's like double the price, it's not exactly double the performance. Maybe lower noise at that point since the 2 fans can just run slower/quieter.

Spoiler

28 minutes ago, Slazyel said:

Hi guys,

If you're buying an air cooler, try the Wraith that comes with the cpu first. Should be adequate even with OC. 

16 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

If you're buying an air cooler, try the Wraith that comes with the cpu first. Should be adequate even with OC. 

Sadly the 5800x does not comes with amd cooler.

17 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

The 240mm AIO would be better, but if it's like double the price, it's not exactly double the performance. Maybe lower noise at that point since the 2 fans can just run slower/quieter.

It is exactly Double the price haha

2 hours ago, Slazyel said:

Sadly the 5800x does not comes with amd cooler.

Oh yeah that's right. I forgot! 

Charge more and give less. Yes a good business move for profits :)

Just forget the aio. 5900x + a basic 30£/$/€ cooler is faster than 5800X with an expensive aio.

7 hours ago, Jeppes said:

Just forget the aio. 5900x + a basic 30£/$/€ cooler is faster than 5800X with an expensive aio.

Sadly where i live the 5900x is way pricier. I could get the 5800x on aliexpress for $458 but the 5900x is $700 both there and in my country. So, it is better, but not $242 better :(. If i could grab it for $550-$600 it would be a no brainer.

What case and ram are you using?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

What case and ram are you using?

I have bought a NZXT H710 and 4x8gb 3466mhz cl16 ram from hyperx. Also using an Asus X570 Tuf motherboard

18 minutes ago, Slazyel said:

I have bought a NZXT H710 and 4x8gb 3466mhz cl16 ram from hyperx. Also using an Asus X570 Tuf motherboard

The Hyper 212 RGB BE would keep temps in check but the Gammaxx V2 may be a bit cheaper: https://www.terabyteshop.com.br/produto/13649/cooler-para-processador-deepcool-gammaxx-400-v2-led-red-120mm-intel-amd-dp-mch4-gmx400v2-rd

For a bit more cooling, the Neptwin V2 would be better: https://www.terabyteshop.com.br/produto/9013/cooler-deepcool-neptwin-v2-dp-mch6-nt-ntam4-intelam4-ryzen

If you're aiming for low noise, the Ninja 5 is also a great option: https://www.hardstore.com.br/cooler/cooler-cpu-cooler/cpu-cooler-scythe-ninja-5-intel-amd#pop-carrinho

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Thank you for your suggestions!

The problem with terabyte shop for me its their shipping. The gammax with shipping is the same price as the 212 black rgb i can get in another store.

Also the Ninja 5 is the same price, with shipping, as the Xpg Levante. Would you still say it would be a better purchase?

12 minutes ago, Slazyel said:

Also the Ninja 5 is the same price, with shipping, as the Xpg Levante. Would you still say it would be a better purchase?

The XPG Levante may perform better but the Ninja 5 is quieter. Either would be fine.

Which stores are you looking at?