Graphics card to fit build

GhengasKhan

Budget (including currency): have about US $650~ For the card

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: all sorts of games. 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

144hz 1080p monitor

ryzen 7 3700x

msi b550 pro-vdh mobo

16gb ddr4 3200 ram

1tb 970 evo plus m.2

Corsair 750w bronze 80+ psu

Pc part picker link

don’t mind the monitors as they are just there for a price range and not what’s used in the build (they don’t have the monitors I ordered on there) I just need help filing the graphics card void as I was hoping to get a 3070 for it but it doesn’t seem like it will happen. Has to be built by 12/20/20 so I need something I can order soon if I can’t manage to snag a 3070 or anything. 

I have a precisely similar build going for me. I am currently waiting for the 3070 to release again, i have no clue how long i need to wait. It will be under your budget as well after it releases

Just now, ChaseCurry said:

I have a precisely similar build going for me. I am currently waiting for the 3070 to release again, i have no clue how long i need to wait. It will be under your budget as well after it releases

Oh sorry i just read that this card will be out of reach for you.

21 minutes ago, GhengasKhan said:

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

144hz 1080p monitor

ryzen 7 3700x

msi b550 pro-vdh mobo

16gb ddr4 3200 ram

1tb 970 evo plus m.2

Pc part picker link

don’t mind the monitors as they are just there for a price range and not what’s used in the build (they don’t have the monitors I ordered on there) I just need help filing the graphics card void as I was hoping to get a 3070 for it but it doesn’t seem like it will happen. Has to be built by 12/20/20 so I need something I can order soon if I can’t manage to snag a 3070 or anything. 

How about the Rx 5700 XT?

25 minutes ago, GhengasKhan said:

144hz 1080p monitor

ryzen 7 3700x

msi b550 pro-vdh mobo

16gb ddr4 3200 ram

1tb 970 evo plus m.2

Pc part picker link

5 minutes ago, ChaseCurry said:

A 6800XT is perfect for your budget, when it's in stock ofc

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Just now, Downkey said:

A 6800XT is perfect for your budget, when it's in stock ofc

I think that would be the best choice as well, when do y’all think the next restock of the cards will be?

Just now, ChaseCurry said:

I think that would be the best choice as well, when do y’all think the next restock of the cards will be?

Restocks come quite often, it's just that they will be sold out instantly. They will properly be in stock in around Feb - June of next year (that's a guess)

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

2 minutes ago, Downkey said:

Restocks come quite often, it's just that they will be sold out instantly. They will properly be in stock in around Feb - June of next year (that's a guess)

That sounds about right, it will probably be hard for him to get one for this build since he says he has a deadline of 12/20. I also just read NVIDA is releasing a 3060ti tomorrow ($400usd)

45 minutes ago, ChaseCurry said:

That sounds about right, it will probably be hard for him to get one for this build since he says he has a deadline of 12/20. I also just read NVIDA is releasing a 3060ti tomorrow ($400usd)

Is it tomorrow or the 5th? I heard both, and yeah, I wanted a 3070 for this build or a 6800/XT but I wasn’t able to snag one unfortunately. I’m building it for a family friends kid for Christmas so it has to be done by then. I’m going to continue to try to snipe a 6800/xt and a 3070 until about the 8th-10th then I’ll just have to buckle down and take a loss on that part of the build, I’ll definitely keep the 5700xt in mind if anyone has other ideas aswell. 

56 minutes ago, Downkey said:

Yeah that’s been the hardest part is they wait for like an hour prior to release info and with my work schedule it’s hard to sit there and wait I had a 3070 in my cart at checkout 4 different times and then the checkout crashed and it was gone. Unfortunate really lol

Ahh just saw now they formally released it saying it’ll be out tomorrow. Well I’ll try to snag one but who knows what will happen lol. 

If you can't snag one you will just have to hope that 5700xts come in stock. If not try to get a used 2080 super

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

9 minutes ago, Downkey said:

If you can't snag one you will just have to hope that 5700xts come in stock. If not try to get a used 2080 super

Yeah that was the plan, have you seen any times approx for the release? Trying to decide what site I wanna use lol.