Nintendo family plan question

Thready
Go to solution Solved by Scruffy90,

That is not what that is for, nor is it required. If you want to share games with him, you have to log into your account on his machine. The primary console (which allows you to play offline) allows him to play the games on his machine using any account on the machine. The secondary consoles must verify something via online access. 

You would have to choose which is the primary and which is the secondary

If I have a Switch and I want my nephew to be able to use my account and play my downloaded games at his house on his switch would I be able to do that with a switch family account? Like can you Gameshare with it?

Photographer, future counselor, computer teacher.

3600X and RTX 2070 with too many storage drives to count. 

That is not what that is for, nor is it required. If you want to share games with him, you have to log into your account on his machine. The primary console (which allows you to play offline) allows him to play the games on his machine using any account on the machine. The secondary consoles must verify something via online access. 

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

1 minute ago, Scruffy90 said:

Dang. Ok. I guess I'll just buy him some games on his account separately then

Photographer, future counselor, computer teacher.

3600X and RTX 2070 with too many storage drives to count.