Can I put a PCIe network card into a PCI Serial Slot?

Budget (including currency): $75.94

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Legacy Gaming

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Dell OptiPlex 330

DCSM TowerPC Intel Core 2 Duo, Network Card, Graphics Card, Windows Vista Ultimate License, WebRoot Antivirus

Pcie should be plugged into Pcie slots not PCI.

Pci serial adapter is to plug a serial cable, it's not meant to adapt pcie to pci.

What do you want to do anyway?

You want to plug serial cable controller?

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

16 minutes ago, ShadowFyrePlayz said:

DCSM TowerPC Intel Core 2 Duo, Network Card, Graphics Card, Windows Vista Ultimate License, WebRoot Antivirus

There's nothing a Core 2 Duo can do with a high performance network card. The CPU is way too slow to leverage high speed data transfer, and would gimp the speed of anything.

I'd you simply need internet access and the ethernet port of your PC isn't working, buy a cheap USB to Ethernet adapter.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

no not really just trying to make a legacy Gaming Computer Running Vista on actual hardware from the time period Vista was in. Seems there are some adapters but they all seem to convert PCIe into PCI I dont know if thats what I need but I found a few listings on amazon that advertise their product as a PCIe to PCI converter/adapter type object, but I have no clue. I've only ever dealt with modern computers so Windows 8.1 to 10 is all I have dealt with. However I did have a Dell OptiPlex 755 slim tower but it doesnt turn on after so long of being a personal Minecraft Server. so basically I run all legacy Programs on Windows Vista Ultimate since its the closest to XP however while xp is more meant for the programs Im trying to run most of the programs arent compatible with XP so Vista is what I Use.

@Fasauceome

Im not using it to run Modern programs with higher requirements. Im using it to run Minecraft Java and older programs like the Elder Scrolls Oblivion and stuff from est 2001-2009 nothing more im also trying to browse the web but I dont usually go to the web often on Vista so yeah

I'm also running these things on older hardware so the network card is not a modern one its one thats made for Windows XP/Vista Im using hardware thats from est 2001-2010

11 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

There's nothing a Core 2 Duo can do with a high performance network card. The CPU is way too slow to leverage high speed data transfer, and would gimp the speed of anything.

I'd you simply need internet access and the ethernet port of your PC isn't working, buy a cheap USB to Ethernet adapter.

Im not running modern hardware with Vista Im running hardware from the 2001-2009 era so these programs could work furthermore I see adapters on amazon all the time

37 minutes ago, ShadowFyrePlayz said:

no not really just trying to make a legacy Gaming Computer Running Vista on actual hardware from the time period Vista was in. Seems there are some adapters but they all seem to convert PCIe into PCI I dont know if thats what I need but I found a few listings on amazon that advertise their product as a PCIe to PCI converter/adapter type object, but I have no clue. I've only ever dealt with modern computers so Windows 8.1 to 10 is all I have dealt with. However I did have a Dell OptiPlex 755 slim tower but it doesnt turn on after so long of being a personal Minecraft Server. so basically I run all legacy Programs on Windows Vista Ultimate since its the closest to XP however while xp is more meant for the programs Im trying to run most of the programs arent compatible with XP so Vista is what I Use.

Well for this you just need a PCIe to serial adapter, not PCI. Like this one.

Amazon.com: StarTech.com 2 Port Native PCI Express RS232 Serial Adapter  Card with 16950 UART (PEX2S952),Green: Electronics

Usually people just use USB to SERIAL converter, it's simpler and probably cheaper.

Amazon.com: TRENDnet USB to Serial 9-Pin Converter Cable, TU-S9, Connect a  RS-232 Serial Device to a USB 2.0 Port, Supports Windows & Mac, Supports USB  1.1, USB 2.0, USB 3.0, 25 Inch

Usually motherboard from the core2duo era still has a serial port, so you don't need an adapter.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w