Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi in my country this monitor is currently on sale at the moment i have Rtx 2070 super and i7 10700k  if anybody is currently playing on simmilar set up at 1440p how well is it at the moment im 1080p 144hzCapture.thumb.PNG.d4dc52249bd90508391b000bc4bbed35.PNG

i have a 2070 super and 1440p monitor

wont run shadow of tomb raider well (consistently above 60fps) on highest/ultra settings without RT, but works fine on high

My PC: Desky | Beddie | Miney | Benchie

Things I need help with: (nothing at the moment) ❤️ 

Spoiler

none atm

I hate Intel's pricing, Ryzen's weird quirks, Nvidia's pricing, and Radeon GPUs in general

Spoiler

Products I like:

Spoiler

Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / 10 ii, Asus Strix 970 / 1070, Samsung SSD, WD HDD, Corsair PSUs (AX, RM, CX(grey)), GeForce GPU, NZXT N450/S340, be quiet! Coolers, G.Skill Trident RAM, Logitech M525, Logitech G440, Razer Deathadder Elite

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Xperia Z3, XiaoMi 5c, Radeon GPUs, Razer Audio Products, any bloatwares

Companies I absolutely adore: (and hope it stays that way)

Spoiler

be quiet! - sent me AM4 mounting for my DRP3 even though it's way past the timeframe stated, no questions asked

Corsair - very good RMA experience, absolutely recommend

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Nvidia, Intel, Apple, TMT (Thundermatch, a retailer)

Personal Blacklisted Companies:

Spoiler

Acer: shit tier quality products, shit tier customer service thus far, they "tried" to solve my issue but they arent really doing anything but delaying and delaying. (on-going case since July)

Gigabyte: horrible customer service (gigabyte had literally 0 customer service, asked me to go to retailer with NO WAY to email them about a question) but at least they fixed my shit in ONE MONTH (would probably take me 1 hour to fix if they let me email them)

XiaoMi Phones: built like a tank but the software is buggy as all hell

Seagate HDD: had too many dead seagate drives

Kingston SSD: 300V controller swap thingy

Razer (except their mouse)

Remember, just because I had good/bad experiences with these companies/product, doesn't mean you will have similar experiences too. I would still recommend these products if they made sense for your needs, but I'll add a disclaimer of my experience if it's relevant. Feel free to DM me asking why they are where they are.

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

i have a 2070 super and 1440p monitor

wont run shadow of tomb raider well (consistently above 60fps) on highest/ultra settings without RT, but works fine on high

if you dont mind me asking what other games you play and how well do they run cause i got my 2070s less than a year ago and upgrading to 30 series be a little painful for the wallet 😀

3 minutes ago, Neon1234 said:

if you dont mind me asking what other games you play and how well do they run cause i got my 2070s less than a year ago and upgrading to 30 series be a little painful for the wallet 😀

i dont play many games, only MHW and SOTR lately, in term of high graphics games

MHW isnt a well optimised game so i wouldnt count on it being the general experience.

My PC: Desky | Beddie | Miney | Benchie

Things I need help with: (nothing at the moment) ❤️ 

Spoiler

none atm

I hate Intel's pricing, Ryzen's weird quirks, Nvidia's pricing, and Radeon GPUs in general

Spoiler

Products I like:

Spoiler

Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / 10 ii, Asus Strix 970 / 1070, Samsung SSD, WD HDD, Corsair PSUs (AX, RM, CX(grey)), GeForce GPU, NZXT N450/S340, be quiet! Coolers, G.Skill Trident RAM, Logitech M525, Logitech G440, Razer Deathadder Elite

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Xperia Z3, XiaoMi 5c, Radeon GPUs, Razer Audio Products, any bloatwares

Companies I absolutely adore: (and hope it stays that way)

Spoiler

be quiet! - sent me AM4 mounting for my DRP3 even though it's way past the timeframe stated, no questions asked

Corsair - very good RMA experience, absolutely recommend

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Nvidia, Intel, Apple, TMT (Thundermatch, a retailer)

Personal Blacklisted Companies:

Spoiler

Acer: shit tier quality products, shit tier customer service thus far, they "tried" to solve my issue but they arent really doing anything but delaying and delaying. (on-going case since July)

Gigabyte: horrible customer service (gigabyte had literally 0 customer service, asked me to go to retailer with NO WAY to email them about a question) but at least they fixed my shit in ONE MONTH (would probably take me 1 hour to fix if they let me email them)

XiaoMi Phones: built like a tank but the software is buggy as all hell

Seagate HDD: had too many dead seagate drives

Kingston SSD: 300V controller swap thingy

Razer (except their mouse)

Remember, just because I had good/bad experiences with these companies/product, doesn't mean you will have similar experiences too. I would still recommend these products if they made sense for your needs, but I'll add a disclaimer of my experience if it's relevant. Feel free to DM me asking why they are where they are.

I wouldn't get this monitor since it's a VA Panel and curved (on a 27 inch screen curve is pointless! ) for what is a steep price for such panel.

You should be able to buy viewsonic vx2758-2kp-mhd for a cheaper price pretty sure, doesn't have an adjustable stand though.

Or get this instead (it's actually the monitor I got, and it was crowned the best 27'' 1440p monitor of 2019 I believe, check the excellent reviews. Costs 380 euros on currys PC world - https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/gaming/pc-gaming/gaming-monitors/lg-class-ultragear-27gl850-b-quad-hd-27-nano-ips-lcd-gaming-monitor-black-10204170-pdt.html - it would be absolutely bonkers to take your listed MSI instead of this at that price point)

I'd suggest checking this video out:

i looked at a load of performance benchmarks but kinda inconclusive would the 2070s be good for 1440p 100+hz monitor

2 minutes ago, Neon1234 said:

i looked at a load of performance benchmarks but kinda inconclusive would the 2070s be good for 1440p 100+hz monitor

It all depends on the games that you play. I have a GTX 1070 with a 1440p screen and can play my games perfectly fine - CSGO, Dead By Daylight, GTA V (around 90 fps on the settings that I game on with no complaints on the visual aspect of the game). I prefer to play all AAA titles that don't require super quick mouse movement with a controller and 60 fps feels great). 

11 hours ago, Neon1234 said:

if anybody is currently playing on simmilar set up at 1440p how well is it at the moment im 1080p 144hz

I Don't have the same setup, but I can tell you that 1440p does looks nice. I sometimes run a resolution of 1920x1440 at 65Hz and it looks fantastic, so my system may not achieve the fps of what your setup can do, but I can still turn up some of the eye candy.

I think your 2070 Super should do fine in many games at 1440p, depending on detail settings, just don't expect crazy high frame rates in every game.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus m
RAM: 16GB (2 x 8GB) of DDR4 GEIL Potenza Evo at 3200Mhz
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: NONE, eveything works fine, no need to upgrade, stop telling me I need an SSD.
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz,
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz
(Yes, I use a CRT and I prefer gaming on one)

Cooling: Grill with filter installed onto the front panel for air intake cooling with a 120mm Corsair ML120 fan and an old recycled 92mm cooler master(forgot model) fan for exhaust.

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches