Looking for PSU // RTX 3060 TI or RTX 3070 and Ryzen 5 3600

Whusthat

Hey folks, 

im planning on upgrading my GPU the next few Days to RTX 3000 series card. 

Its either gonne be a RTX 3060 TI or RTX 3070 (depends on the 3060 TI price tho).

Im currently got a cx450m which i need to replace. 

Budget is around 80-100€ for the PSU. 

I worked my way through the PSU tierliest and i got some problem understanding this list :D

Seasonic | Focus GX 650W

is this a good unit ?

Maybe you guys can recommend a better one ? 

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

13 minutes ago, Whusthat said:

oh yeah im from germany sry :D

Oh, lucky guess haha

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

46 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

so i checked some reviews and they seem all pretty good ... based on availability here in germany the "enermax revolution" would be my choice.

what would you get the Seasonic Focus gx or the enermax revolution ? or does it rly not matter at this point :D ? and i pick the prettiest one :D

10 minutes ago, Whusthat said:

so i checked some reviews and they seem all pretty good ... based on availability here in germany the "enermax revolution" would be my choice.

what would you get the Seasonic Focus gx or the enermax revolution ? or does it rly not matter at this point :D ? and i pick the prettiest one :D

I'd pick the Revolution DF - it's based on the same platform as the Bitfenix Whisper M, and it's also most likely quieter than the Focus. And it's multi-rail, though that isn't really that noteworthy of an advantage at just 650W.

55 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

I'd pick the Revolution DF - it's based on the same platform as the Bitfenix Whisper M, and it's also most likely quieter than the Focus. And it's multi-rail, though that isn't really that noteworthy of an advantage at just 650W.

yeah that multi-rail part is something i did not understand but w/e :D thx for ya help i will go with the Revolution DF :)

• 2 weeks later...

so i got the psu today .. i just need some help with modular cables :D 

the psu comes with with a 18pin/10pin to 24pin mb connector shown in the img. do i need to plug both in the psu ? and wich cpu slot do i use ? 

IMG_0274.JPG

IMG_0273.JPG

Yes, you need to plug in both of them. The 18pin goes in the bottom left connector, the 10 pin goes in the top left connector. I don't know about the CPU, some multirail PSUs need cables to be plugged in with specific combos. You might need to read the manual...