CPU overheating and bricked on 0.53 GHz

The Wrecker

Hey , I'm using MSI MPG B550 gaming carbon WiFi with Ryan 5 3600x and Corsair cv 650 as power supply , MSI Rx 570 armour oc. My CPU stuck on 0.53-54 GHz i checked everything and everything is fine and drivers are up to date . I've tried changing power plans but nothing worked and then i came across dragon center my CPU core temperature was 35°c and CPU socket temperature was over 110°c , CPU fan was running on 38% . CPU core voltage was 2.4v which wad 1.3v (i did not do any over clocking) , CPU NB/soc voltage was 2.4 as same as the core voltage, and dram was 4.08 i think these are not good voltages to handle . When i open BIOS it says over heating alert please insert you CPU cooler and thermal paste properly (it's a stock cooler) i did rechecked the cooler was seated correctly with good amount of thermal paste but it says the same .

Try re install the cooler and the cpu, do you feel the heat thatcomes out of the cooler?

Any Help is appricated! Please correct me if I´m wrong!

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Everything thats not colourful I haven't bought yet.

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

5 minutes ago, The Wrecker said:

Hey , I'm using MSI MPG B550 gaming carbon WiFi with Ryan 5 3600x and Corsair cv 650 as power supply , MSI Rx 570 armour oc. My CPU stuck on 0.53-54 GHz i checked everything and everything is fine and drivers are up to date . I've tried changing power plans but nothing worked and then i came across dragon center my CPU core temperature was 35°c and CPU socket temperature was over 110°c , CPU fan was running on 38% . CPU core voltage was 2.4v which wad 1.3v (i did not do any over clocking) , CPU NB/soc voltage was 2.4 as same as the core voltage, and dram was 4.08 i think these are not good voltages to handle . When i open BIOS it says over heating alert please insert you CPU cooler and thermal paste properly (it's a stock cooler) i did rechecked the cooler was seated correctly with good amount of thermal paste but it says the same .

WIpe cmos by removing battery on mobo... MAY or MAY not help. BUT if it does not write back...  and make sure ur cpu cooler is in proper contact and check the coolers fan wire ...

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,

Celeric07

Oh damn... Was this a used mobo? 

As Someone with the username “</TheCoder2019_”, my coding skills are atrocious.

Here are my specs:

Spoiler

MSI PRO-VLH H310M

Intel Core i3-8100 (Thanks, @Schnoz!)

GTX 1060 OC 3GB or Intel UHD 630

16GB (2x8) Cosair Vengeance LPX CL16 - 2400MHz

GAMDIAS Argus M1

An old friend of mine - Intel stock cooler (temps through the roof like 60 C under load)

Linux Apps you NEED!

Spoiler

tmux

dhcpd

git

Hi! I love RGB! Who doesn't? Karens that don't have colorful lights on their Facebook page

2 hours ago, The Wrecker said:

CPU core voltage was 2.4v which wad 1.3v (i did not do any over clocking) , CPU NB/soc voltage was 2.4 as same as the core voltage, and dram was 4.08 i think these are not good voltages to handle

If those voltages were real, your hardware would be long dead.

Sounds to me like your motherboard's borked somehow. I was inclined to say that there's something up with your Windows install perhaps, until you mentioned that you're noticed similar anomalies in the BIOS.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

On 11/30/2020 at 2:21 PM, CELERIC07 said:

WIpe cmos by removing battery on mobo... MAY or MAY not help. BUT if it does not write back...  and make sure ur cpu cooler is in proper contact and check the coolers fan wire ...

I tried every single thing . Wiped cmos, reset bios , reinstalling cpu cooler and even replaced thermal paste with arctic Mx 4 by removing stock paste , reset windows , checked every connection . Drivers are up to date including bios . And i feel no heat at all i ran it overnight to check it . It's showing 110-120°c mobo temperature but it's quiet cool to feel . Sometimes it fails to post VGA. IMG-20201127-WA0003.thumb.jpeg.984074adc725268c793a92be733afb91.jpeg

IMG-20201130-WA0005.jpeg

On 11/30/2020 at 4:17 PM, Mateyyy said:

If those voltages were real, your hardware would be long dead.

Sounds to me like your motherboard's borked somehow. I was inclined to say that there's something up with your Windows install perhaps, until you mentioned that you're noticed similar anomalies in the BIOS.

I think so . How the hell a mobo can survive a 110-120°c and i feel no heat when i test ran it overnight . Next day for a minute it boosted my CPU to 4.3ghz on stock cooler . I shocked like Ice cube and then it suck on 0.53 ghz  again . I contacted MSI service center and now i had to send it a freakin 1800kms away from me 

On 11/30/2020 at 2:18 PM, Enzo1001 said:

Try re install the cooler and the cpu, do you feel the heat thatcomes out of the cooler?

Not at all i even test ran it overnight and there's no heat but on BIOS it's showing mobo temp is 127°c and in dragon center it's showing soc temp is 110-120°c  how the hell it can survive such temps . I even replaced thermal paste and reinstalled cooler 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/30/2020 at 2:44 PM, TheCoder2019 said:

Oh damn... Was this a used mobo? 

No it's a brand new b550 . It's 3 months old . I complained MSI and i got rejected by them and they said something burned in your mobo so it cant be repaired . I did nothing but playing GTA 5 and tooo little browsing . It's even stock not even overclocked or changed any settings