Help choosing a motherboard

I plan on using a Ryzen 3 3200G  or a Ryzen 5 3400G on my first build (very low budget) and I need a mobo compatible with it. The problem is I need one with a BIOS compatible from the start, because I can't do a BIOS update, don't have a hardware store I can go to, and if there's any issue I'm screwed. I need recommendations on mobos I can buy for sure. Ideal form factor Micro-ATX, and price under 100$.

I'm pretty sure what you're looking for is the asrock b450m steel legend. It should work just fine out of the box

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

29 minutes ago, XavierWeiss said:

I plan on using a Ryzen 3 3200G  or a Ryzen 5 3400G on my first build (very low budget) and I need a mobo compatible with it. The problem is I need one with a BIOS compatible from the start, because I can't do a BIOS update, don't have a hardware store I can go to, and if there's any issue I'm screwed. I need recommendations on mobos I can buy for sure. Ideal form factor Micro-ATX, and price under 100$.

There’s a thread in  the motherboard section useful for this.  My suspicion is you want to be looking at the low end of b450. Anything that is “3000 ready” should work.  There may be warnings for “may not be compatible” but this only applies to motherboards actually manufactured (not designed, just manufactured) before the 3200g came out and that was so long ago few of them even exist on shelves anymore. 

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 11/29/2020 at 10:51 PM, Letgomyleghoe. said:

I'm pretty sure what you're looking for is the asrock b450m steel legend. It should work just fine out of the box

Thanks for the suggestion dude, I'll consider it. If it's not too much to ask, can I get a recommendation on a PSU? I looked up the motherboard you suggested and it checks everything I'm looking for. The parts I have in mind seem to work well with a power supply of 400W or more. Do you know of any model with good durability and low cost? (~80$ or less)

On 11/29/2020 at 10:53 PM, Bombastinator said:

There may be warnings for “may not be compatible” but this only applies to motherboards actually manufactured (not designed, just manufactured) before the 3200g came out and that was so long ago few of them even exist on shelves anymore. 

Thanks for the tip, I freaked out when on PCPartPicker any B450 motherboard I selected had the "may not be compatible" warning. I wish they would not flag those that came after and are compatible from the get go. I'll just google the launch date of any motherboard I consider buying and look in the manufacturer's website just to be safe. Thanks again for the help.

1 hour ago, XavierWeiss said:

Thanks for the tip, I freaked out when on PCPartPicker any B450 motherboard I selected had the "may not be compatible" warning. I wish they would not flag those that came after and are compatible from the get go. I'll just google the launch date of any motherboard I consider buying and look in the manufacturer's website just to be safe. Thanks again for the help.

“May” is a big word with that one.  The thing to look for I have been given to understand is a sticker on the box that says “3000 ready” It’s mostly just about what firmware it comes preloaded with.  Some motherboards are capable of installing new firmware without a CPU as well.  The 3200 is actually not a Ryzen2 cpu but a ryzen+ cpu.  It’s “3000” though because it’s an apu. 

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.