DRAM Causing Computer Freezing (ROG Strix B450-F)

HeyItsGooose

Hi everyone. Been lurking a long time so it's about time I joined by ...asking for help. Sorry! I'm stumped.

In the last week, my PC has started randomly freezing and reporting a DRAM issue via the onboard yellow LED on my mobo. The freezing bricks the PC, leaving the image on the screen, disconnecting all of my peripherals (RGB will go off), and making the power button useless. The only way to shut the PC off is via the switch on the PSU. Sometimes it will reboot right away while other times will require me to physically change the RAM configuration to get it to post. The only thing that has changed in my PC recently was swapping my 5700XT for an RTX3080. The freezing started a few days later.

After hunting around different forums, I've tried reseating the RAM multiple times, trying just 1 or 2 different sticks (of my 4 total) in different slots, and I've now tried clearing the CMOS by shorting the CLRTC jumper. I've currently got 1 8gb stick in slot A2 after clearing CMOS so we'll see how that goes.

PC Specs:

Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix B450-F

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X

RAM: 4x8gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200mhz

GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3080

UPDATE: The one stick was stable for ~30 mins or so after I posted this so I added a second stick into B2. Lasted about 15 minutes then froze. Took both out and put only the 2nd stick I added into A1. Booted fine. Will update on stability. The tough part about this issue is that the crashes seem random. I went nearly the entire day gaming yesterday with no crashes.

UPDATE2: I've had it crash on 1 stick now. Oddly enough it was right after a 0 errors Windows Memory Check... Going to swap them out and try the others.

Try and run Memtest86 with only one stick in the machine at a time, and if one passes switch it out for the next one.

Main rig -

6700K @ 4.8Ghz, lapped, delidded and running Conductonaut under a Raijintek Tisis.

MSI Z270 Pro SLI

MSI GTX 960 OC (yes bottleneck shut up)

16GB DDR4 Patriot Viper

512GB SK Hynix PCIe SSD, 1TB WD Blue, 2TB WD Enterprise

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC

FSP Aurum 600 Watt Gold

CM HAF 912, front grille painted blue

File server -

Xeon E3-1220L V2

Intel S1200BTL

16GB DDR3 ECC

14TB WD White label, 1TB Crucial MX500 SATA, 480GB ADATA SU630 SATA, 1TB WD Blue (awaiting another 14TB for parity)

UnRAID version 6.6.6

EVGA 600 watt whatever

CM HAF 912, front grille painted red

30 minutes ago, border collie21 said:

Try and run Memtest86 with only one stick in the machine at a time, and if one passes switch it out for the next one.

Going to start that process tonight. Is it normal for a memory stick to randomly fail? 

Not really. Did you have a power surge or power outage recently?

Main rig -

6700K @ 4.8Ghz, lapped, delidded and running Conductonaut under a Raijintek Tisis.

MSI Z270 Pro SLI

MSI GTX 960 OC (yes bottleneck shut up)

16GB DDR4 Patriot Viper

512GB SK Hynix PCIe SSD, 1TB WD Blue, 2TB WD Enterprise

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC

FSP Aurum 600 Watt Gold

CM HAF 912, front grille painted blue

File server -

Xeon E3-1220L V2

Intel S1200BTL

16GB DDR3 ECC

14TB WD White label, 1TB Crucial MX500 SATA, 480GB ADATA SU630 SATA, 1TB WD Blue (awaiting another 14TB for parity)

UnRAID version 6.6.6

EVGA 600 watt whatever

CM HAF 912, front grille painted red

Not that I know of. I have been pushing my PSU to near it's limits with the 3080... wondering if that's a factor in this. PSU is 650W 80+ Bronze. PCPartPicker lists my setup at around 550W incl. the GPU, so with any serious spikes from the GPU I'm nearly topping out. Also thank you for your suggestions.

Just updating from last night: I had it running seemingly solid on 2 sticks (at only 2133mhz) for a couple hours of gaming (presumably with the 3080 under heavy load and power draw). Following the gaming, it froze again during some normal web browsing. Really have no idea what else to do. Currently running memtest on each of the sticks individually and will report if anything unusual comes up.

UPDATE: I've now memtested those two sticks that caused the crash last night. 0 errors reported. Someone please have a suggestion cause I'm stumped.