5800X and RTX 3000 PC

Enzo1001

Budget (including currency): *Included below* 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: GTA 5, CS:GO, Sea of theaves, Virtual Machines, for now 1080p, will upgrade to 4k

Planned parts:

CPU: R7 5800X 

GPU: RTX 3000 (This is where i dont know what to get but i was thinking about 3070 w/ 10gb or somthing like that)

MOBO: MSI MAG X570 WIFI

RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4

COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280 (Planning for custom watercooling in spring 2021 after I bought the GPU)

CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB

PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD

SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB

HDD: Some old Seagate 7200.10 500gb (still functioning)

In case you are wondering, yes these are also the parts of the primary system i have in my signature

What are your thoughts? Im thinking what gpu to get because i dont know. I dont want to get a 3070 because of the low vram. I heard that it limits 4k gaming. I dont want to go over 800dollers for the gpu.

The things that are in colorful are already bought. But everyting expect the cooler is still possible to be sent back.

Any Help is appricated! Please correct me if I´m wrong!

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Everything thats not colourful I haven't bought yet.

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

You should really get a bigger ssd. As well kinda simply put some games will need it in the very near future. Can always add later of course not that hard to do.

Now the case is bad. Bad airflow will have temp issues get something with a mesh front panel. Will also make the system more quiet. Yes you loose the glass front but you gain not having temp issues (yes this also affects a custom loop). That and the deepcool fans have poor pressure thus not recommend for a custom loop anyways. That and if you plan to do a loop it's very important to just get the case right the first time and this one ain it.

For cpu the 5800x is poor value but will probably come in handy in a couple years when the new consoles become the sole focus. That and upgrading it would suck in a loop.

No need for a x570 board you don't seem to use any of it's extra features anyways

Other than that good components

What size of screen are you looking at. If it's a 27 inch monitor then just get a 1440p screen easier to drive and you just don't notice the difference on that size between 4k and 1440. This would also allow you to get a 3070 and please don't overpay get them when they are once again at or very close to 500$.

Edit: I notice the ADD-rgb aka the mesh one for the case. However I would still look at something a bit more custom loop focused

7 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Make your own topic. Don't use another persons topic. Btw if you don't have that case yet don't get it it has terrible airflow and has temp issues due to that

Is it really that bad? BTW im not buying the fan versions i have my own cooler master fans im putting in the front

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

1 minute ago, Enzo1001 said:

Is it really that bad? BTW im not buying the fan versions i have my own cooler master fans im putting in the front

The h510 yes. Your case I did not notice it was the mesh one. The mesh one of that case is good. But if you are doing a custom loop you may want a case that is a bit more made for it for your own sanity sake 😛

11 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Make your own topic. Don't use another persons topic. Btw if you don't have that case yet don't get it it has terrible airflow and has temp issues due to that

I unfortantly already order it 

Just now, jaslion said:

The h510 yes. Your case I did not notice it was the mesh one. The mesh one of that case is good. But if you are doing a custom loop you may want a case that is a bit more made for it for your own sanity sake 😛

No i didnt oreder the mesh one 😬

Just now, Enzo1001 said:

I unfortantly already order it 

The h510? Then return it right now. Or cancel it. It WILL overheat and it is NOT a custom watercooling friendly case at all. That and it will barely change the bad temps due to the tiny bit of intake it has

Just now, Enzo1001 said:

No i didnt oreder the mesh one 😬

Return it or cancel that case is just bad.

I don't know why people keep saying 5800X is bad value. I was focused on getting 5900X, but then realized, I already have 6 cores and 12 threads now and I'm doing great. Buying 5600X would be a relatively minor upgrade. So I bumped up to 5800X. I get 2 more cores, 4 more threads, higher boost clocks and still save 200€ compared to 5900X. I'll have very decent cooling for it so my plan is to just relax its limits (PBO) and that's gonna be that. Overclocking it for all core only makes sense if you plan on utilizing all cores most of the time. For mixed loads, leaving it as is is just better so it can boost really high for single thread operations or operations with lower thread counts as it can always go higher than when manually overclocking.

I think the setup (internals) is pretty good. But I'd really go with RTX 3080 instead of RTX 3070. Only issue now is availability. RTX 3070 are somewhat obtainable although at inflated prices. RTX 3080 are not at all. With RTX 3080 it'll be the proper powerhouse that RTX 3070 can't ever deliver. It's not a bad card, it's just not RTX 3080.

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Return it or cancel that case is just bad.

I will put a 280mm rad on the top too, not just on the front

Just now, Enzo1001 said:

I will put a 280mm rad on the top too, not just on the front

Doesn't help if the temp in the case is the same temp as the liquid in the loop. Then the second rad simply does nothing when it is exhausting air. Intaking air would help but can easily become an issue too

Just now, jaslion said:

Doesn't help if the temp in the case is the same temp as the liquid in the loop. Then the second rad simply does nothing when it is exhausting air. Intaking air would help but can easily become an issue too

Yes im plannig it as an intake rad

Just now, Enzo1001 said:

Yes im plannig it as an intake rad

Still cancel or return the case. It is not recommended.

Just now, jaslion said:

Still cancel or return the case. It is not recommended.

I read a review and it said its not that bad. Do you have personal experience with the case?

29 minutes ago, jaslion said:

You should really get a bigger ssd. As well kinda simply put some games will need it in the very near future. Can always add later of course not that hard to do.

Now the case is bad. Bad airflow will have temp issues get something with a mesh front panel. Will also make the system more quiet. Yes you loose the glass front but you gain not having temp issues (yes this also affects a custom loop). That and the deepcool fans have poor pressure thus not recommend for a custom loop anyways. That and if you plan to do a loop it's very important to just get the case right the first time and this one ain it.

For cpu the 5800x is poor value but will probably come in handy in a couple years when the new consoles become the sole focus. That and upgrading it would suck in a loop.

No need for a x570 board you don't seem to use any of it's extra features anyways

Other than that good components

What size of screen are you looking at. If it's a 27 inch monitor then just get a 1440p screen easier to drive and you just don't notice the difference on that size between 4k and 1440. This would also allow you to get a 3070 and please don't overpay get them when they are once again at or very close to 500$.

Edit: I notice the ADD-rgb aka the mesh one for the case. However I would still look at something a bit more custom loop focused

whats the differnce between b550 and x570? ADD-RGB just mean that the strip on the front is addressable

17 minutes ago, Enzo1001 said:

I read a review and it said its not that bad. Do you have personal experience with the case?

Not the specific one but basically a bunch of nearly identical  ones (it uses tooling that is basically used in a heap of other cases) and the results are always easily 10c hotter at least than a normal case on average with certain hotspots in the case. This also follows lowered performance.

So really just return it and either get the mesh one. Or a different front mesh case.

13 minutes ago, Enzo1001 said:

whats the differnce between b550 and x570? ADD-RGB just mean that the strip on the front is addressable

Some minor features that are not something most people would ever use. Best to go to amds website or read a short article about it.

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Not the specific one but basically a bunch of nearly identical  ones (it uses tooling that is basically used in a heap of other cases) and the results are always easily 10c hotter at least than a normal case on average with certain hotspots in the case. This also follows lowered performance.

So really just return it and either get the mesh one. Or a different front mesh case.

Okay, well i dont really want to send it back because it cost a lot

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Some minor features that are not something most people would ever use. Best to go to amds website or read a short article about it.

ok, so what kind of board do you recommand for about 200 Euros? Im planning for the maximum recommanded voltage on the 5800x

1 hour ago, Enzo1001 said:

ok, so what kind of board do you recommand for about 200 Euros? Im planning for the maximum recommanded voltage on the 5800x

The b550 aorus master from gigabyte is pretty darn good

12 hours ago, jaslion said:

The b550 aorus master from gigabyte is pretty darn good

My budget is not enough for that, what do you think about the 

Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC

?

3 hours ago, Enzo1001 said:

My budget is not enough for that, what do you think about the 

Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC

?

Also good enough