Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Monitor for programming :)

Hello, I sold both monitors and I'm used to 1440p AND i thought about buying a 4K IPS 27".

 

I'm from EU so we have different prices here so please check on https://geizhals.de/ for the price before recomending,

some things are double the price than in the US.

 

I don't need anything crazy and about 300-350 euros unless you know a good 1440p for less than a 4K (the less pixels should be worth it)

Link to post
Share on other sites

What are you using it for part from programming?

 

4k on a 27inch panel is pretty pointless little to no difference when you sit at a normal distance and even closer it's hard to notice. If you are gaming for sure just get a 1440p one as that is far easier to drive

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jaslion said:

What are you using it for?

 

4k on a 27inch panel is pretty pointless little to no difference when you sit at a normal distance and even closer it's hard to notice. If you are gaming for sure just get a 1440p one as that is far easier to drive

My friend, have you read the title? I'm programing websites mostly, but i'm not looking into 144hz, should be 60-75hz, normal monitor. Actually I have tried a 4K in games and you can notice 4K more than 144hz vs 240hz. But I'm not gaming anymore, lack of good games and the games are just a disappointment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BotDamian said:

My friend, have you read the title? I'm programing websites mostly, but i'm not looking into 144hz, should be 60-75hz, normal monitor. Actually I have tried a 4K in games and you can notice 4K more than 144hz vs 240hz. But I'm not gaming anymore, lack of good games and the games are just a disappointment.

I did I forgot to add the second part of my question was too quick to post :p.  I mean I'd say if all you do is programming get yourself a very nice 1440p one for the price of a decent 4k one. I don't recommend the 4k one as well stuff is just too small so you need scaling and windows scaling whilst better still just kinda sucks and certain interfaces still are not well scaled with issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4K at 27" is useless for coding, you'll just have to set scaling higher to actually see about the same amount of stuff than on a 1440p screen of the same size.

 

4K allows for more code to be displayed if you're at 100% scaling which is really convenient, but you have to go at least 40" for it to be comfortably readable. 

F@H
Desktop: i7-5960X 4.4GHz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS Rampage V, 32GB, RTX3080, 2TB NVMe SSD, 2x16TB HDD RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Thermaltake Overseer RX1, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB NVMe SSD RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

 

Dell XPS 2 in 1 2019, 32GB, 1TB, 4K

 

GPD Win 2

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

4K at 27" is useless for coding, you'll just have to set scaling higher to actually see about the same amount of stuff than on a 1440p screen of the same size.

 

4K allows for more code to be displayed if you're at 100% scaling which is really convenient, but you have to go at least 40" for it to be comfortably readable. 

 

Sooo what kind of 1440p monitor do you suggest? And is the ultra wide any better?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AzzaNezz said:

 

Sooo what kind of 1440p monitor do you suggest? And is the ultra wide any better?

Since code is vertically displayed and not horizontally a regular 16:9 is better (or if you can find the elusive 16:10 that would be amazing)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Newegg

×