Should I buy a RTX 2060 or 2060 SUPER or should I wait for the RTX 3060 and the RTX 3060ti

Caveman0407

Hello, I' looking forward from upgrading from my laptop to a desktop, i was specing out the parts, then i found out that only 50 dollars more will give me a RTX 2060 SUPER. Then I heard that the RTX 3060 and 3060 TI will come out somewhere at Q1 next year. But, The stock for the 30 series has been very limited, so, then, I am stumped, i don't know what to pick.

Do you need a PC right away? Buy the 2060 super

Can you wait to get the best value? Wait for next gen stock

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I highly suggest waiting for the 3060 if you can, it's probably going to be cheaper than the 2060 super, and perform much better than it.

5 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Do you need a PC right away? Buy the 2060 super

Can you wait to get the best value? Wait for next gen stock

i'm acually getting it arround mid 2021 so hopefully the supply and demand has been balanced 

Buy a used card for now and sell it when the 3060 arrived.

Used card wont depreciate as much.

You probably will loose 10-20 bucks, consider it as a rent fee.

I suggest getting a used 1080.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

3060 ti release it rumored to be Dec 2, 2020.  So it may be available sooner than you think.  You could que up on Wednesday and take your chances.

3 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

Buy a used card for now and sell it when the 3060 arrived.

Used card wont depreciate as much.

You probably will loose 10-20 bucks, consider it as a rent fee.

I suggest getting a used 1080.

I can second this, I have done this a few times in the past.  Just recently I got a 1660ti for 290 from best buy and was able to immediately flip it on ebay the other day for 260.  Priced it to sell (most had theirs around 270).

Have done this in the past as well, flipped RTX 2080 x 2 at the cost I paid for them (before 2080 Super launch).  Of course all of this depends on the market conditions, but in general you can recoup a lot of what you paid and its so easy to sell on ebay.

If in the near term, would buy a 2060/super (whatever one you can find) and just hold on it it, sell it after you get a 3060.  

If you can wait indefinitely, the best value proposition all around it to wait until stock is abundant for a 3060/ti, and pay MSRP for it.

El Zoido:  9900k + RTX 4090 / 32 gb 3600mHz RAM / z390 Aorus Master 

The Box:  3900x + RTX 3080 /  32 gb 3000mHz RAM / B550 MSI mortar