Linus Tech Tips server overload or maintenance?

AvMaverick
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

It should be back now, there was a DDoS.

Same here I can barely get into the website without it crashing. Thought it was an issue with my network. Might be a denial of service attack or just maintenance.

13 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Same here I can barely get into the website without it crashing. Thought it was an issue with my network. Might be a denial of service attack or just maintenance.

I am happy it's not just me. That said, I think it's the new fiber optics upgrade Linus mentioned in his Instagram/YT stories. Sweet 25 Gbps!

5 minutes ago, AvMaverick said:

I am happy it's not just me. That said, I think it's the new fiber optics upgrade Linus mentioned in his Instagram/YT stories. Sweet 25 Gbps!

To my knowledge they don't host the forum on their own servers. And that 25Gbps upgrade is only for the workstations.

3 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

To my knowledge they don't host the forum on their own servers. And that 25Gbps upgrade is only for the workstations.

Oh! That's new to me! Thanks!

I get that too, but seems like a backdoor entrance though Google and can access some parts of forum

CPU i7 4960x Ivy Bridge Extreme | 64GB Quad DDR-3 RAM | MBD Asus x79-Deluxe | RTX 2080 ti FE 11GB |
Thermaltake 850w PWS | ASUS ROG 27" IPS 1440p | | Win 7 pro x64 |

28 minutes ago, AvMaverick said:

Maybe it's that secret CIA server that just got raided and taken down by Special Forces

CPU i7 4960x Ivy Bridge Extreme | 64GB Quad DDR-3 RAM | MBD Asus x79-Deluxe | RTX 2080 ti FE 11GB |
Thermaltake 850w PWS | ASUS ROG 27" IPS 1440p | | Win 7 pro x64 |

Don't see reason why they'd suddenly get a that much bigger influx of viewers, it seems more like technical issues or denial of service attack...

EDIT:

Colonel_mortis confirmed my predictions at the same time I've posted this. How miserable people have to be to attack someone's freaking forum heh...

5 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Thanks for confirming! 

8 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

7 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Don't see reason why they'd suddenly get a that much bigger influx of viewers, it seems more like technical issues or denial of service attack...

EDIT:

Colonel_mortis confirmed my predictions at the same time I've posted this. How miserable people have to be to attack someone's freaking forum heh...

Thank god, thought the forum considered me a bot, they should always do that security feature, to stop bot spamming