I want to get yalls opinion on some builds

Poprock396

Budget (including currency): 1500-2000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Farcry, Borderlands, Escape from Tarkov, Destiny 2, etc.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I got a ASUS VG248QE monitor and a fine keyboard and mouse.

Both of these builds were provided by a man named SupaKomputa on here who helped me out yesterday.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WYW38J  This build has some parts not available

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/DJpH4d  This build is available now and probably what I will do since I am impatient

Between the two I wanted to get some help on is there anything you would change, I want to get some opinions. Also if anyone has any other builds they would recommend feel free to comment them, I need all the help I can get :)

Both of those builds are very nice. There are some things that should change. Both have a power supply that's just barely big enough. I would suggest going for an 850 watt at least, so in the future upgrading is less of a hassle and cheaper. Who knows how power hungry 4000 series cards might be lol. Anyway, if you do go for the second build, you can just upgrade to 5000 series cpu's when they come out. I would go with the first one (but with a 3080 instead, and a bigger psu), even though the wait is going to be long it would be worth it.

3800xt is not nessecary. 3800x is fine

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

3 minutes ago, wall03 said:

3800xt is not nessecary. 3800x is fine

16 minutes ago, ToolMan said:

Both of those builds are very nice. There are some things that should change. Both have a power supply that's just barely big enough. I would suggest going for an 850 watt at least, so in the future upgrading is less of a hassle and cheaper. Who knows how power hungry 4000 series cards might be lol. Anyway, if you do go for the second build, you can just upgrade to 5000 series cpu's when they come out. I would go with the first one (but with a 3080 instead, and a bigger psu), even though the wait is going to be long it would be worth it.

So between the two pick the first one and just upgrade the PSU?

1 minute ago, Poprock396 said:

So between the two pick the first one and just upgrade the PSU?

Yeah, that would be good. I would choose a 3080 for the gpu though. It would be quite a wait, but its worth it, since you would get all the newest components.

Just now, ToolMan said:

Yeah, that would be good. I would choose a 3080 for the gpu though. It would be quite a wait, but its worth it, since you would get all the newest components.

How long do you think till it will come out/

At least a few months. Its going to be a loooooong wait, which sucks. All thanks to the damn covid and scalpers. 

12 minutes ago, ToolMan said:

At least a few months. Its going to be a loooooong wait, which sucks. All thanks to the damn covid and scalpers. 

damn :((