Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Unusual Task Manager naming of GPUs

So in the performance tab under task manager there are two GPUs - GPU 0 and GPU 1. Now I've heard that GPU 0 is the integrated GPU while GPU 1 is the dedicated GPU. But in my case, GPU 0 is actually my dedicated NVIDIA GPU(Geforce GTX 1650) and GPU 1 is my integrated GPU(Rx Vega 馃槑聽My Laptop is an ASUS TUF Gaming FX705DT and I want to know if this is an issue or not. It was never the other way round as far as I know.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know how the sunglasses emoji appeared in the description. Its actually 8 where the emoji is. Just to clarify, my integrated GPU is an RX Vega 8

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

no issues

Ok soo when i run a game and check the task manager gpu engine... It shows gpu 0... So does that mean that the game is using my nvidia gpu? Also sometimes it shows as GPU 1, but mostly GPU 0

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PH4NT0M said:

Ok soo when i run a game and check the task manager gpu engine... It shows gpu 0... So does that mean that the game is using my nvidia gpu? Also sometimes it shows as GPU 1, but mostly GPU 0

yes, also you'd notice if you use the integrated gpu, the games will be much slower

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thing to point out is that task manager's GPU usage is messed up, if you want an accurate reading I suggest using GPU-Z or hwinfo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

yes, also you'd notice if you use the integrated gpu, the games will be much slower

Speaking of slow games, ive noticed for quite some time that I don't get as much FPS as i used to when I first bought my laptop. Even tried resetting it, reinstalling drivers, rolling back drivers and nothing helped. Not sure since when it started, but I've got a feeling that it started after I updated to windows 10 version 2004

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PH4NT0M said:

Speaking of slow games, ive noticed for quite some time that I don't get as much FPS as i used to when I first bought my laptop. Even tried resetting it, reinstalling drivers, rolling back drivers and nothing helped. Not sure since when it started, but I've got a feeling that it started after I updated to windows 10 version 2004

maybe its overheating

Link to post
Share on other sites

-> Moved to Graphics Cards

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now