Should i overclock my ram? 3200 mhz to 3800 mhz

wolfff

first of all, should i? is that a good thing to do? people tell me ram overclocks are the most non stable overclocks and ram will break fast or something

i'm building a ryzen system and i found a hella nice deal for some HyperX 32 GB DDR4-3200 but i kinda wanted a higher clock

8 minutes ago, wolfff said:

first of all, should i? is that a good thing to do? people tell me ram overclocks are the most non stable overclocks and ram will break fast or something

i'm building a ryzen system and i found a hella nice deal for some HyperX 32 GB DDR4-3200 but i kinda wanted a higher clock

If you want higher clocks, just buy a higher clocked kit. It's not going to be easy to get a 3200 kit to 3800 with good timings and stability. If you want to try, good luck :)

You can, but should you?

Personally, no. Kits that are rated for 3200 are basically what the manufacturer determines as most stable. Don't quote me on it as I'm not sure if I'm correct.

Plus, pushing to 3800mhz on 32 gb of ram is not ideal either.

4 hours ago, SomeTechScrub said:

You can, but should you?

Personally, no. Kits that are rated for 3200 are basically what the manufacturer determines as most stable. Don't quote me on it as I'm not sure if I'm correct.

Plus, pushing to 3800mhz on 32 gb of ram is not ideal either.

why isnt it ideal? to push 3800mhz on 32 gig. and i think ill just keep it at 3200 mhz indeed, it only gives 4 fps more when u overclock aint worth it