Vr room that uses projectors

Hi all

I am currently planing the Matric Dance for my school. One of the ideas proposed was out of space. I thought that it would be a good idea if we took 6 projectors and connected all in the center to face the walls and project 360 video of the stars and space onto the walls. 

My question is: Is this possible and how would I do this. Is there a specific software that I should use? 

I read that there sort of thing that I want to do is called CAVE(cave automatic virtual environment )

Any help will be greatly appreciated 🙏

What do you want to show with these Projectors?
Just a finished loop of the stars and space, or do you wan't to change that from time to time?
If you just want to play the stars, then you could either try Resolume, this one of the most known Videomapping tools, and gives you options to correct the projected Image.
Or if you're on a budget you could use some freeware, however i don't know what they are capable of.

It might even be feasible to place these projectors at the opposite wall and cross them. Even though you would have shadows in your image, but you can be more flexible with your projector choice and won't need to many short throw projectors.
And in the case of "Space" Content it is not too bad with the shadows either.

On 11/26/2020 at 8:53 PM, ajojotank said:

Hi all

I am currently planing the Matric Dance for my school. One of the ideas proposed was out of space. I thought that it would be a good idea if we took 6 projectors and connected all in the center to face the walls and project 360 video of the stars and space onto the walls. 

My question is: Is this possible and how would I do this. Is there a specific software that I should use? 

I read that there sort of thing that I want to do is called CAVE(cave automatic virtual environment )

unreal engine can be used for CAVE

yeah what would i know about cameras or cinematography compared to you tech people.  i've only done this work for nearly 20 years, won a few awards, worked in over a dozen different countries and a few multi million dollar projects

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/26/2020 at 7:53 PM, ajojotank said:

Hi all

Search for projection mapping. Thats where you blend multiple projector images together to produce one image.