Issues while streaming. Perhaps power, perhaps low VID usage. Need insight

KageSong

Ryzen 5 3600 Matisse
Asus RTX 2060 Super
ROG Strix x570 some numbers and such... lemme be a little lazy here if I can be :P

Okay, so I've been having MAJOR issues with my stream, particularly thousands of dropped frames within minutes. I live in a very old house with a main breaker that doesn't have a ground (I run on a secondary breaker grounded to the water line) My UPS reports voltage at a constant 118, which should be fine, but our main suspect has been bad power. Our reasoning for this is that when at another house, I had a grand total of 13 dropped frames over several hours. I have tested my internet in many ways, even having a tech come while I was streaming and actively watch the bandwidth, so no problems there. I've recently learned about VID (I'm an amateur, it happens). So, I've been monitoring that as well now and noticed that my usage is not going above about 15%, also that my VRAM usage is not going above about 2.5 GB. Of course the 2060 Super is equipped with 8 GB of VRAM.

Any insight would be much appreciated. I will do my best to provide any information asked for. However, due to mental disability it may require patience to make sure I'm sending the correct information.

Thank you very much.

Create a log for us to look at.

To create a good log file, use HWiNFO.
Download HWiNFO here - https://www.hwinfo.com/

How to create a log:

Open HWiNFO and choose sensors only.
In the bottom right there is an icon that looks like a spreadsheet with a green plus on it.

Click that button to start logging, the green plus will switch to a red X to let you know its saving data. 

It will also ask you for a file name and where to save it. I save them to my desktop, name it whatever you want.

Go stream for a few moments, even if you dont make it public or something. Or just do what you need to in order to replicate the issue.

Then (assuming it didn't restart or lockup) click the spreadsheet again so the red X turns back to a green +.

If it did lock or or reset, it will leave the log file where you specified.

You now have a log file, please share it.

How to view the log file:

You can view the log using the GenericLogViewer addon here https://www.hwinfo.com/add-ons/

Download, extract, run GenericLogViewer.exe, click the open file button in the top right and point it to the log file you made above.

Use the dropdown in the upper right to choose which category to view

Daily driver (looking to upgrade mobo and cpu spring of 2021)   --- The only time I sort by price from high to low is when I am shopping for CPU's and GPU's (looking for a cheap i7-7700k though)
Mobo: ASRock Z170 Extreme7+  CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6MHz OC  Cooling: Corsair H115i Hydro  Memory: TridentZ 32GB @ 3600MHz  GPU: EVGA 2070 FTW3 ULTRA+ (OC'd 50/300)  
PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 980 Pro 1TB, 950 PRO 512Mb, (2)ADATA SU800 1TB  Keyboard: Logitech G910  Mouse: Logitech G502   Headset: Logitech G930 UPS: APC Pro 1500 S

Unraid box providing network routing, home automation services, and media services ( I love unraid!)

USB Key: SanDisk 16GB Ultra Fit  Mobo: Intel DX79SR Extreme+  CPU: i7-3820  Memory: 16Gb Kingston HyperX Predator  Storage: (cache)480gb Micron SSD (1)8TB HDD (1) 4TB HDD  
GPU: MSI GTX 1650 4GT LP OC (passed through to Emby)  NIC: Intel I350-T4 4-port Gb (passed through to PFSense)  UPS: APC PRO 1000
Docker Containers: Emby and Home-Assistant-Core  Virtual machines: PFsense ( I love PFSense!)

Family machines
Mobo: Asus Prime H310M-E  CPU: Intel Core i3-9100F  Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx 400  Memory: Teamgroup Elite Plus DDR4 16GB  Storage: Silicon Power 1TB NVMe M.2  
GPU: Asus GTX 1660 Super 6GB or EVGA 1070 FTW 8GB  PSU: Thermaltake Smart 500W 80+  UPS: APC XS 1300

As well as a number of other machines, a ton of parts, miles of cables, and who knows what else!
Private message me for quicker assistance. I also build and ship custom machines at a really fair price.

11 hours ago, cr8tor said:

To create a good log file, use HWiNFO.
Download HWiNFO here - https://www.hwinfo.com/

I'd thought about this, and will do. But, I didn't do it pre-emptively because I didn't suppose that it would show a difference that is clearly only being affected by the house. Again, let me stress, and I'll use updated numbers after some changes, at my house on a UPS or off, I had 1000+ dropped frames on my stream in 4 hours (previous was 2000 in 30 minutes) and my RGB is stuttering regularly. At my dad's house with no UPS, I had 1 dropped frame at all.

So, with that said, would you want me to create a log file from my dad's house as well? Or should whatever show up without a comparison. I don't know if I'll get any of it done today. While you've given very good directions, with my disability it's a bit overwhelming, so I'll give it by best shot. It just feels like a lot of steps and it makes my brain have trouble processing the information. I appreciate your time, and will get this as soon as I can process it mentally or my buddy will help. Also pending whether you'd like a log from my dad's house as well, I suppose.

Edit: I wanna list the steps as I understand to see if I'm getting this right. Thanks for your patience.

- Download hwinfo (yes, I'm being pedantic, usually best practice in troubleshooting)

- Install and run

- Click spreadsheet with green plus, will turn to red x

- WHILE THAT'S RUNNING (my first mental hiccup I want to check) reproduce the symptoms via streaming, etc.
- Click the now red x on the spreadsheet, and it will be a green plus again. (locking up is never the issue at all btw, just to add that)

- Share the file created on this thread via the file attachment button/dropping it on the thread

- Also, use GenericLogViewer so that as people explain things to me I can follow along on the log and learn more about these logging and troubleshooting steps.

Edited by KageSong

18 hours ago, cr8tor said:

Two logs here. Both at my own house. One while not streaming, one while streaming. Both done over 5 minutes. 99 dropped frames on the stream which is a huge (by a degree of hundreds) improvement since I changed my keyframe interval, but still contrasted to 1 dropped frame over a much longer period at my dad's place, who has significantly inferior internet to mine.

5 minutes gameplay and streaming log.CSV 5 minutes gameplay only log.CSV

I thought I might take a second to add real quick that another symptom I've noticed is that my front panel USB works perfectly at my dad's house but over here if I have one device plugged in and being used on my front panel and then plug in a second device the second device will not work properly on the front panel

Currently running a whole bunch of tests on occt and generating HW info reports for those as well just in case those are needed in the future

The logs look ok to be honest. Not sure what to tell you.

I suspect there is a power issue in your house as i dont know what else could be causing it when at your house and not at your dads.

Daily driver (looking to upgrade mobo and cpu spring of 2021)   --- The only time I sort by price from high to low is when I am shopping for CPU's and GPU's (looking for a cheap i7-7700k though)
Mobo: ASRock Z170 Extreme7+  CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6MHz OC  Cooling: Corsair H115i Hydro  Memory: TridentZ 32GB @ 3600MHz  GPU: EVGA 2070 FTW3 ULTRA+ (OC'd 50/300)  
PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 980 Pro 1TB, 950 PRO 512Mb, (2)ADATA SU800 1TB  Keyboard: Logitech G910  Mouse: Logitech G502   Headset: Logitech G930 UPS: APC Pro 1500 S

Unraid box providing network routing, home automation services, and media services ( I love unraid!)

USB Key: SanDisk 16GB Ultra Fit  Mobo: Intel DX79SR Extreme+  CPU: i7-3820  Memory: 16Gb Kingston HyperX Predator  Storage: (cache)480gb Micron SSD (1)8TB HDD (1) 4TB HDD  
GPU: MSI GTX 1650 4GT LP OC (passed through to Emby)  NIC: Intel I350-T4 4-port Gb (passed through to PFSense)  UPS: APC PRO 1000
Docker Containers: Emby and Home-Assistant-Core  Virtual machines: PFsense ( I love PFSense!)

Family machines
Mobo: Asus Prime H310M-E  CPU: Intel Core i3-9100F  Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx 400  Memory: Teamgroup Elite Plus DDR4 16GB  Storage: Silicon Power 1TB NVMe M.2  
GPU: Asus GTX 1660 Super 6GB or EVGA 1070 FTW 8GB  PSU: Thermaltake Smart 500W 80+  UPS: APC XS 1300

As well as a number of other machines, a ton of parts, miles of cables, and who knows what else!
Private message me for quicker assistance. I also build and ship custom machines at a really fair price.

1 hour ago, cr8tor said:

The logs look ok to be honest. Not sure what to tell you.

I suspect there is a power issue in your house as i dont know what else could be causing it when at your house and not at your dads.

That seems to be the only possibility, yeah. I was hoping that the community might be able to help me iron out what it is about the power might be causing issues. As you can see, I'm pulling the wattage and voltage that I should be, so I'm really unclear about what the power is causing. My ISP did say they're noticing fluctuations in the amplitude, but nothing seems to be explained when I look at the numbers.