How reliable are Newegg, Amazon, and Bhphotos?

whm1974

I've not bought from NewEgg in some time, but mostly that's due to I have Amazon Prime so it's usually better/same price and shipping and returns is very easy.

I've bought once or twice from BHPhoto.  Great store and service, again, just Amazon is more convinent for me, but they're a looooooong time brick and mortar store that's doing well in the digital age with a stirling reputation.  As was mentioned above, Friday evening to saturday evening, you can't buy from them (Jewish Sabbath rules), but the site is open for browsing.

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

On 11/23/2020 at 5:46 PM, whm1974 said:

Best Buy now sells Computer Parts again?

I haven't been in there since the covid started so it has been a while for me. 

I used to go in the one near me before that happened and they had PS, memory, CPU's and some boards with other stuff.

I'd guess they still have stuff but like I said I haven't been in there since then.

The last stuff I bought was from Amazon and I was happy with it.

4 hours ago, Intergalacticbits said:

I haven't been in there since the covid started so it has been a while for me. 

I used to go in the one near me before that happened and they had PS, memory, CPU's and some boards with other stuff.

I'd guess they still have stuff but like I said I haven't been in there since then.

The last stuff I bought was from Amazon and I was happy with it.

Well this had to be during let us see, either 2003 or 2005. I did my second build then to replace the first one I built in 2000.

I remember the PSU going bad in my first build. That got replaced an Antec purchased at Best Buy. With the newer Rig, the Motherboard went proof. And Best Buy go out of the computer parts, at least with Motherboards and CPUs. So I got the board at a Nearby Store. An asusus.

22 hours ago, Video Beagle said:

I've not bought from NewEgg in some time, but mostly that's due to I have Amazon Prime so it's usually better/same price and shipping and returns is very easy.

I've bought once or twice from BHPhoto.  Great store and service, again, just Amazon is more convinent for me, but they're a looooooong time brick and mortar store that's doing well in the digital age with a stirling reputation.  As was mentioned above, Friday evening to saturday evening, you can't buy from them (Jewish Sabbath rules), but the site is open for browsing.

Eh, I wouldn’t call their reputation perfect by any stretch of the imagination with the whole racially segregated bathrooms, only letting minorities work in the warehouse and outright refusal to hire women. Oh, and the whole tax fraud thing.

They’re a company run by some pretty awful ultra conservative religious fanatics that think we’re living in the 1800s.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

7 hours ago, Vitamanic said:

Eh, I wouldn’t call their reputation perfect by any stretch of the imagination with the whole racially segregated bathrooms, only letting minorities work in the warehouse and outright refusal to hire women. Oh, and the whole tax fraud thing.

They’re a company run by some pretty awful ultra conservative religious fanatics that think we’re living in the 1800s.

A source please. Where is the Company located? I mean with racially segregated bathrooms outright refusal to hire women, would they get into trouble with the Law along with People refusing to do business with them?

2 hours ago, whm1974 said:

A source please. Where is the Company located? I mean with racially segregated bathrooms outright refusal to hire women, would they get into trouble with the Law along with People refusing to do business with them?

They've had to pay a ton of money in various lawsuits because of it. Here's some links, note that they aren't the same case, they're all separate lawsuits because they just can't stop being racist, sexist morons:

https://web.archive.org/web/20091122101612/http://ny1.com/1-all-boroughs-news-content/top_stories/109168/gadget-retailer-faces-discrimination-suithttps://www.eeoc.gov/newsroom/eeoc-and-b-h-reach-43-million-settlement-national-origin-discrimination-case

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/b-h-photo-discriminated-2-hispanic-employees-lawsuit-article-1.991286

https://petapixel.com/2017/08/16/bh-pay-3-22m-settle-lawsuit-filed-dept-labor/

https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/14/20964980/b-h-photo-taxes-lawsuit-new-york-state

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

27 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

In fairness the Taxes the State wanted BHphotos to pay was based on prediscount prices and not after what the customer paid. I read about this on Wikipedia but I can't seem to find it again.