Experienced iPad Pro Hub Users' Advise Needed

I am at the verge of purchasing an iPad Pro 12.9 (3rd Generation) 2018; because I know the 2020 model doesn't have many significant upgrades in addition to price.

However, I had some concerns pertaining to its I/O V.S. the iPad Pro 2020.

I am a University Student and purchasing for note-taking (Notability and with Apple Pencil), media consumption and occasional video editing (LumaFusion).

I came across this USB-C Hub (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07M8QR83T/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_5?smid=ALKJOI57VEXOD&psc=1) and wanted to know if the iPad Pro 2018 has I/O restrictions as opposed to the iPad Pro 2020. With this hub, would I really be able to connect an ethernet, HDMI, mouse, keyboard, HDD and 3.5mm audio jack simultaneously? Would all components function in the iPad Pro 2018? 

1 hour ago, Elihu19 said:

I am at the verge of purchasing an iPad Pro 12.9 (3rd Generation) 2018; because I know the 2020 model doesn't have many significant upgrades in addition to price.

However, I had some concerns pertaining to its I/O V.S. the iPad Pro 2020.

I am a University Student and purchasing for note-taking (Notability and with Apple Pencil), media consumption and occasional video editing (LumaFusion).

I came across this USB-C Hub (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07M8QR83T/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_5?smid=ALKJOI57VEXOD&psc=1) and wanted to know if the iPad Pro 2018 has I/O restrictions as opposed to the iPad Pro 2020. With this hub, would I really be able to connect an ethernet, HDMI, mouse, keyboard, HDD and 3.5mm audio jack simultaneously? Would all components function in the iPad Pro 2018? 

First of all what are you studying? When I was at university an iPad would not have been fast enough for me to write down notes. Paper is a lot better.

At this point why not jut get a laptop? by the time you've bought the iPad, keyboard case, pencil, dock, HDD and mouse you've gone over the price of a new MacBook Air which is much more capable. Also why do you want to connect an iPad to ethernet? If the router is that bad then plugging it in via ethernet won't help.

Overall the 2018 model shouldn't have any issues with IO tat the 2020 model doesn't, you might also want to look at the new iPad air.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

43 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

First of all what are you studying? When I was at university an iPad would not have been fast enough for me to write down notes. Paper is a lot better.

At this point why not jut get a laptop? by the time you've bought the iPad, keyboard case, pencil, dock, HDD and mouse you've gone over the price of a new MacBook Air which is much more capable. Also why do you want to connect an iPad to ethernet? If the router is that bad then plugging it in via ethernet won't help.

Overall the 2018 model shouldn't have any issues with IO tat the 2020 model doesn't, you might also want to look at the new iPad air.

Hey Lord Vile, thanks for the response and advise. I'm studying my Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical and Biosystems Engineering (iMechE). So I'm currently using the iPad 7th Generation and it has been a blast. 

As for writing on an iPad, many people chose their side on which is better, Lol.

For me, I find writing digitally keeps me organized, in addition to recording LIVE as I write. 

Truth is, I already have a laptop, but the portability and ease-of-access the iPad gives is something I wanted to major on for school.

Those Statics, Dynamics, Engineering Calculus and Design courses have been more manageable since I got the regular iPad. So basically I'm interested in getting the most out of its higher-end ones. 

As for the ethernet part, my router is boss, that's mainly for Fortnite's ping at home. I have intentions of using a PS4 control and playing in areas where I cannot carry the PS4, Lol. 

As for the iPad Air 4, yeah! I was doing some research, but then I weighed and realized I want the 120 refresh rate over the 60 refresh rate. 

7 minutes ago, Elihu19 said:

Hey Lord Vile, thanks for the response and advise. I'm studying my Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical and Biosystems Engineering (iMechE). So I'm currently using the iPad 7th Generation and it has been a blast. 

As for writing on an iPad, many people chose their side on which is better, Lol.

For me, I find writing digitally keeps me organized, in addition to recording LIVE as I write. 

I just used paper and retyped as it ingrains it in your memory.  

Truth is, I already have a laptop, but the portability and ease-of-access the iPad gives is something I wanted to major on for school.

Those Statics, Dynamics, Engineering Calculus and Design courses have been more manageable since I got the regular iPad. So basically I'm interested in getting the most out of its higher-end ones. 

As for the ethernet part, my router is boss, that's mainly for Fortnite's ping at home. I have intentions of using a PS4 control and playing in areas where I cannot carry the PS4, Lol. 

That's if fortnite ever come back on the App Store ;) 

As for the iPad Air 4, yeah! I was doing some research, but then I weighed and realized I want the 120 refresh rate over the 60 refresh rate. 

120Hz isn't much of an upgrade over 60 for what you're doing tbh. plus you'll get better battery on the air.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?