Temperatures getting worse every day.

I noticed today while playing Red Orchestra for ten minutes, that my temps shot up to this. 

Is this safe?

post-57910-0-94302200-1394754263_thumb.j

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

Are you using the stock cooler?

Yes i am.

They look fine to me

The high temps is what they were at before i shut down the program

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

Note: It says i have an "Genuine Intel Processor", but i have a i5 3570k?

~Abraham Lincoln

Note: It says i have an "Genuine Intel Processor", but i have a i5 3570k?

Because its a version thats older than a 3570K?

Because its a version thats older than a 3570K?

Before my recent reformat, it use to tell me that i had an i5, and would display more information about my cpu. :/

Cpu-z says i have a i-5 though. 

~Abraham Lincoln

Yes i am.

Then I don't see why you are scared.

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

Then I don't see why you are scared.

The stock cooler use to keep it at 74 degrees solid, before i sent back my mobo, and video card back to an RMA department.

Never had a problem with heat before with my system.

~Abraham Lincoln

The stock cooler use to keep it at 74 degrees solid, before i sent back my mobo, and video card back to an RMA department.

Never had a problem with heat before with my system.

Well your only option (if you're not happy with the temps) is to buy a cooler. YOu can get a Hyper 212 for less than 30$

Main Rig:

Spoiler

AMD FX 8320 @4.5Ghz  8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Blu 1600Mhz Sapphire Vapor X HD 7950 3GB 120GB Samsung 840 Evo  Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 

Corsair 600T Graphite Corsair H80i Corsair CX600 2x LG 24 inch LED @1080p Logitech G700s CM Quickfire TK (Brown)

Home Server:

Spoiler

A4 6300 @3.7Ghz 5GB Kingston/Crucial DDR3 1600Mhz 1TB WD Green 2TB Seagate Barracuda

500GB WD Blue 2x Gigabit NIC Antec 300 OCZ 500w PSU Gigabyte F2A68HM-HD2 R1.1

Well your only option (if you're not happy with the temps) is to buy a cooler. YOu can get a Hyper 212 for less than 30$

This.

i7 4770K @ 4.5GHZ, NH-D14, Kingston HyperX Black 8GB, Asus Z87-A, Fractal Design XL R2, MSI TF IV R9 280x, BTFNX 550G

I already have one, but unfortunately they did this:100_07231_zps4a390396.jpg

The nut they gave me had no threading on it, and this is what hold the back plate in.

Once i saw this; i went to the store, and looked for a nut of the same size.

I found it, but it's a tad bit smaller, and doesn't seem safe.

~Abraham Lincoln

I already have one, but unfortunately they did this: (photo)

The nut they gave me had no threading on it, and this is what hold the back plate in.

Once i saw this; i went to the store, and looked for a nut of the same size.

I found it, but it's a tad bit smaller, and doesn't seem safe.

If the thread fits then use it - or perhaps get a set of them so that the pressure is even on all sides. BTW you should have been able to return that for a replacement seeing as it doesn't work

Main Rig:

Spoiler

AMD FX 8320 @4.5Ghz  8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Blu 1600Mhz Sapphire Vapor X HD 7950 3GB 120GB Samsung 840 Evo  Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 

Corsair 600T Graphite Corsair H80i Corsair CX600 2x LG 24 inch LED @1080p Logitech G700s CM Quickfire TK (Brown)

Home Server:

Spoiler

A4 6300 @3.7Ghz 5GB Kingston/Crucial DDR3 1600Mhz 1TB WD Green 2TB Seagate Barracuda

doesnt seem safe to use a smaller nut? I would think it would be safer to use a smaller nut than a bigger one... less chance of metal contacting an electrical component.

If it fits it ships as long as your not shorting out an electrical component on the board.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

doesnt seem safe to use a smaller nut? I would think it would be safer to use a smaller nut than a bigger one... less chance of metal contacting an electrical component.

If it fits it ships as long as your not shorting out an electrical component on the board.

Cooler master said use it for now, and replace it when the replacement comes. 

They couldn't give a yes or no if it was completely safe.

~Abraham Lincoln

it'll be fine

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

if they already sent out a replacement, i'd just keep the stock cooler on there will it arrives. but mostly cause i'm lazy...  and your cpu will be fine running at those temps.  if you're really concerned you can disable turbo boost in your bios or under power options

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Yeah shouldn't take too long til the part arrives

Main Rig:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

That's well within the safe operating temperature, the change in running temps could be caused by dust buildup or changes in ambient temperatures. The stock cooler is 100% fine for cooling a any CPU that it comes with at stock clocks in all but the most extreme environments.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299