Which Language Should I Start At?

Camcognito

I started with Java, and for right now it is the only language I know. I plan to venture off with the C languages once I get a little more experience with Java as I only started with it a few months ago. 

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

NOTICE: It's is against the CoC to start up a topic that has been left alone for over a month.

No matter what you start with make sure you learn some good habits early.  I think the most important would be to make sure your formatting is organized and consistent.  Things may be easy to see in a short program, but once you get longer functions going if you're formatting isn't consistent it'll look terrible and be a pain to debug.

Another thing I like to do is every time I make an opening character like '{' or '(' I like to add the closing character then enter what goes inside.  I facepalm every time I see someone forget a closing bracket.  Good habits early will last a lifetime.

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

I've answered this question before here.

If your ultimate goal is game development, learn Java or C# first, and then C++. But when I say learn Java/C#, I don't mean learn the syntax of it, I mean learn Object-Oriented Programming.

You should never try to rush your learning. It is an important part of reaching your goal, and you'll thank yourself for it when you're working on a game and you understand what is happening, instead of copy-pasting a bunch of code snippets that you don't really understand, but produce the results you desire.

EDIT: I just realized this is an old thread that someone necrobumped lol. Move along.

Want to solve problems? Check this out.

HTML isn't a programming language and it barley helps you with anything with any language really.

Exactly why I didn't suggest learning it, just stating what I did when I started.