I am not getting any video output

wahtyoutalkinabout

It's my first time I built my own pc and I managed to put everything together but when I powered it on, there was no video output from either graphics card or motherboard. Can someone help me?

I tried restarting, and unplugging power. 

(I've also haven't installed windows)

And I can't get into bios

My system is

5950x

32gb 3600mhz

1tb m.2

Tuf-gaming x570-plus 

4000x from corsair

Hx850

Edited by wahtyoutalkinabout

Did you update BIOS to support Ryzen 5000? If not then that's your issue.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

25 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Did you update BIOS to support Ryzen 5000? If not then that's your issue.

I disagree. He has a x570 board. It should not need an update

17 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

do you have your display cable connected to the gpu or to the motherboard?

Gpu

5 minutes ago, wahtyoutalkinabout said:

Gpu

I assume you can hear the fans running and (if you have one) the hard drive spinning up?

If you are using DisplayPort, maybe try swapping to HDMI, or vice-versa, and see if that works. This should help us to narrow down a little.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

9 minutes ago, wahtyoutalkinabout said:

Gpu

Do you have a second gpu?

Your cpu doesn´t have integrated graphics to try it out?

55 minutes ago, wahtyoutalkinabout said:

there was no video output from either graphics card or motherboard. Can someone help me?

Yes makes sense that the motherboard does not output a video signal because:

a) need to remove the gpu

b) it won´t work in any case because your cpu does not have integrated graphics. It therefore can not produce a video signal

1 minute ago, pythonmegapixel said:

I assume you can hear the fans running and (if you have one) the hard drive spinning up?

If you are using DisplayPort, maybe try swapping to HDMI, or vice-versa, and see if that works. This should help us to narrow down a little.

Ok my monitor knows that it's been connected but it just goes to sleep mode. And yes I swapped to different display ports and the problem still remains

11 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

I disagree. He has a x570 board. It should not need an update

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/TUF-GAMING-X570-PLUS/HelpDesk_CPU/

Depends on what bios version is currently on the board Vermeer support was added 2020/18/17 with BIOS 2607

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

49 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

Did you double check every cable connection?

It is likely that something went wrong.

I checked all connections. Everything is ok

Just now, wahtyoutalkinabout said:

so do i need to flash the bios?

There is a good chance as @DoctorNickpointed out. You might have gotten a board that was sitting on the shelves/stock for quite a while so it does not have a new bios version.

2 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

There is a good chance as @DoctorNickpointed out. You might have gotten a board that was sitting on the shelves/stock for quite a while so it does not have a new bios version.

so how do i flash the bios? do i need to get a thumbdrive?

2 minutes ago, wahtyoutalkinabout said:

Yes but you also need an older cpu (check doctornicks link) that works with your motherboard. You need to be able to boot in order to update the bios.

15 minutes ago, wahtyoutalkinabout said:

Or go to a pc store and let them update

FS in Denmark/EU: