Xbox Series X vs Series S - Which One to CHOOSE?? (SPONSORED)

JonoT

Thanks to LG for sponsoring this video! Check out the LG OLED CX48 TV at https://bit.ly/32CXRBB

The Xbox Series X and Series S have a few key differences in GPU processing power (TFLOPS), storage, and RAM- but how do these differences manifest in-game? We do some side by side comparisons using Assassin's Creed Valhalla to find out, and we're using the LG OLED CX48 TV as the display since it's a 4K OLED TV giving amazing picture quality and HDMI 2.1 for ultra-fast refresh rates. It's the perfect TV for console gaming! You can purchase it here: https://bit.ly/32CXRBB

Which one to choose? Neither, I'm not a gamer! :P

As for the sponsor: nice device, but it's more then a months wages for me, so: nope 🙄

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

So in the case of games like Doom Eternal, will you come back with it when it has its next gen upgrades available to see the difference?

I know you guys think 30fps makes your videos "artistic" or whatever, but you should probably make an exception when you're trying to demonstrate performance differences. "That chug" is barely noticeable because of it.

2 hours ago, Dutch_Master said:

Which one to choose? Neither, I'm not a gamer! :P

As for the sponsor: nice device, but it's more then a months wages for me, so: nope 🙄

How much is that?

2 hours ago, MajorFoley said:

So in the case of games like Doom Eternal, will you come back with it when it has its next gen upgrades available to see the difference?

Would be nice

12 minutes ago, BachChain said:

I know you guys think 30fps makes your videos "artistic" or whatever, but you should probably make an exception when you're trying to demonstrate performance differences. "That chug" is barely noticeable because of it.

LOL @ "artistic"

8 minutes ago, Orange1 said:

How much is that?

The affiliate link has USD1500 listed. That's more then the monthly contribution to the daily costs of this instance called "life" I receive from my employer  :(

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

@JonoT I have no clue about airflow design, what i understand is from what i see from mass products like videocards. Air passes through the fins.

i want to show you this and i want to know if im wrong or not.

Why is sony sending air to 2 closed walls, and leaving just one tiny corridor for air to flow? is this a bad design?

ps5 (2).jpg

Not sure the X will be much difference than the S version on my 720p 42 inch tv :')

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

On 11/15/2020 at 10:43 AM, JonoT said:

Thanks to LG for sponsoring this video! Check out the LG OLED CX48 TV at https://bit.ly/32CXRBB

The Xbox Series X and Series S have a few key differences in GPU processing power (TFLOPS), storage, and RAM- but how do these differences manifest in-game? We do some side by side comparisons using Assassin's Creed Valhalla to find out, and we're using the LG OLED CX48 TV as the display since it's a 4K OLED TV giving amazing picture quality and HDMI 2.1 for ultra-fast refresh rates. It's the perfect TV for console gaming! You can purchase it here: https://bit.ly/32CXRBB

Hey LTT fam. I am looking to get a series x but also want to get a monitor to get the most out of the console. So what 4k 144hz monitor would you suggest?

On 11/15/2020 at 6:24 PM, GCMospeada said:

@JonoT I have no clue about airflow design, what i understand is from what i see from mass products like videocards. Air passes through the fins.

i want to show you this and i want to know if im wrong or not.

Why is sony sending air to 2 closed walls, and leaving just one tiny corridor for air to flow? is this a bad design?

ps5 (2).jpg

Hi!

You'll probably have better luck in another section of the forum like Graphics Cards in Computer Hardware - https://linustechtips.com/forum/16-graphics-cards/

I'm not as knowledgeable as some of the writers. 

Thanks! :)

On 11/22/2020 at 8:40 PM, Devonj98 said:

Hey LTT fam. I am looking to get a series x but also want to get a monitor to get the most out of the console. So what 4k 144hz monitor would you suggest?

OMEN X EMPERIUM 65 Gaming Monitor | Discover - HP Store UK

My computer for gaming & work. AMD Ryzen 3600x with XFR support on - Arctic Cooling LF II - ASUS Prime X570-P - Gigabyte 5700XT - 32GB Geil Orion 3600 - Crucial P1 1TB NVME - Crucial BX 500 SSD - EVGA GQ 650w - NZXT Phantom 820 Gun Metal Grey colour - Samsung C27FG73FU monitor - Blue snowball mic - External best connectivity 24 bit/ 96khz DAC headphone amp -Pioneer SE-205 headphone - Focal Auditor 130mm speakers in custom sealed boxes - inPhase audio XT 8 V2 wired at 2ohm 300RMS custom slot port compact box - Vibe Audio PowerBox 400.1