Uninstall Windows 8?

Camcognito

This may sound like a dumb question, but I have a laptop with Windows 8. I want to build a computer, but I can't afford Windows at the moment. Is there any way to take off Windows and put it in my new PC?

| CPU: Intel Core i3 4130 | GPU: PowerColor R9 270 | Motherboard: Asrock H81M-HDS | RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 4GB |

|HDD: Western Digital 1TB | Case: NZXT Source 210 | PSU: Corsair CX430W | 

| Mic: Blue Snowball iCE | Mouse: Corsair K65 RGB | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma |

This may sound like a dumb question, but I have a laptop with Windows 8. I want to build a computer, but I can't afford Windows at the moment. Is there any way to take off Windows and put it in my new PC?

Oem or preload

Get a Windows 8 .iso and use the key on your laptop? Not so sure that'll work but it's the best idea I've got.

Use Linux!

Get a Windows 8 .iso and use the key on your laptop? Not so sure that'll work but it's the best idea I've got.

Use Linux!

Wrong font size, I fixed it

Edited by AustinKZombie

Wrong font size I fixed it

Reinstall with the same lisence key.

Would I be able to play all the Steam games, BF4 and Minecraft on Linux?

| CPU: Intel Core i3 4130 | GPU: PowerColor R9 270 | Motherboard: Asrock H81M-HDS | RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 4GB |

| Mic: Blue Snowball iCE | Mouse: Corsair K65 RGB | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma |

Minecraft yes battlefeild 4 youd have to use wine.

Wine is a program that allows you to run microsofts .exe format amongst others. In linix using your native hardware rather than emulated like a virtual machine.

Thanks Guys! Fullmetal

You must NEVER go over 20% fan speed. ~ "Why's that?"~ Why do airport personnel wear hearing protection?

:lol:

Would I be able to play all the Steam games, BF4 and Minecraft on Linux?

Nope. Not all of them. If you look at Steam's Linux page you'll see all the games they support. And if you were to go with Linux on the computer you'd need an AMD gpu to take advantage of OpenGL performance. I would wait to get enough money to also buy a copy of Windows along with the hardware for the computer for get the computer and download the Windows 8 .iso and try to use the product key on your laptop.

While I don't recommend it or trying to influence you, it is possible to load windows 7 for free by using tools such as windows loader.

It's secure and simple to use but don't use it since I cannot suggest cracking or obtaining software for free as it states in the CoC.

Keep in mind that I'm showing a possibility and a way many people do it but I'm not trying to tell you to do it or neither trying to influence you.

I repeat again, I'm not telling you to use it. I can understand that you can't afford to get windows 7 especially since you'd be a school student but I'm afraid that I can't suggest cracking or obtaining windows 7 for free.

While I don't recommend it or trying to influence you, it is possible to load windows 7 for free by using tools such as windows loader.

It's secure and simple to use but don't use it since I cannot suggest cracking or obtaining software for free as it states in the CoC.

Keep in mind that I'm showing a possibility and a way many people do it but I'm not trying to tell you to do it or neither trying to influence you.

I repeat again, I'm not telling you to use it. I can understand that you can't afford to get windows 7 especially since you'd be a school student but I'm afraid that I can't suggest cracking or obtaining windows 7 for free.

No I want to buy the real version.

:lol:

Nope. Not all of them. If you look at Steam's Linux page you'll see all the games they support. And if you were to go with Linux on the computer you'd need an AMD gpu to take advantage of OpenGL performance. I would wait to get enough money to also buy a copy of Windows along with the hardware for the computer for get the computer and download the Windows 8 .iso and try to use the product key on your laptop.

Ok I will see what's in the Linux section first.

There's always TPB if you can't afford a copy of Windows. :rolleyes:

Sorry but what is that?

Sorry but what is that?

OH wait no not that

Can I get Linux Ubuntu or Mint and just change it to Windows when I get the money?

No I want to buy the real version.

All windows loader does is register a windows key. So instead of buying a key and filling it in you'd use windows loader and let windows loader fill in the key for you and it always works. When you buy windows you don't buy windows but you buy a key so when you install windows you'd use the exact same version you'd be using when not registering a key so not buying it so what you do is install windows and let windows loader enter the key for you instead of you buying a key and entering it.

I am sorry guys, but they are false information.

If your laptop came with windows 8, I am sorry to say that you can't transfer it.

Beside the fact that you don't have the product key as it's store in the UEFI/BIOS, but also it doesn't support being transferred. The activation will fail, and even calling will make Microsoft tell you to buy a new license key for your system. The reason for this is that the license cost that you payed on the system is much cheaper.

Only Windows 8.1 full retail or OEM version of Windows 8 can be transferred.

You can use any Linux based OS distro's and switch to Windows when you have money, yes.

If you are a student, check if your school is registered to MSDNAA or DreamSpark Premium, you have Windows 8 waiting for you there waiting to be downloaded for free, among many other Microsoft software.

I am sorry guys, but they are false information.

If your laptop came with windows 8, I am sorry to say that you can't transfer it.

Beside the fact that you don't have the product as it's store in the UEFI/BIOS, but also it doesn't support being transferred. The activation will fail, and even calling will make Microsoft tell you to buy a new license key for your system. The reason for this is that the license cost that you payed on the system is much cheaper.

Only Windows 8.1 full retail or OEM version of Windows 8 can be transferred.

You can use any Linux based OS distro's and switch to Windows when you have money, yes.

If you are a student, check if your school is registered to MSDNAA or DreamSpark Premium, you have Windows 8 waiting for you there waiting to be downloaded for free, among many other Microsoft software.

Ok, thank you.