Tecware phantom TKL and outemu blue vs outemu brown vs outemu red.

I have been struggeling these past few weeks to choose a good prebuilt mechanical keyboard. The only switch that I can find within my price range are outemu switches.

Now I do not care about if they have ping or such “nonsense” I just want you guys’ opinion about what switch I should get. I know that it’s all preference, but I want your experience. You can share you’re experience even though you don’t have Outemu switches.

In regards of the keyboard. I have been looking at the Redragon K552 which has options for blue and red switches from outemu. And another keyboard I have seen that entices me is the Tecware Phantom TKL which gives me the option for blue, brown and red switches.

I just want your guys’ opinion on these so that I can hopefully choose. I must add that My brother has a blue mechanical keyboard which I have tried, it has some unknown company’s blue switches but I found that I play way better with the tactile’ness of the blues than on a membrane keyboard. If reds don’t feel like membranes then I will probably want reds.

I've been using Outemu switches for nearly 2 years, they're not bad at all. You should choose a switch that you'd think you like best.

The Outemu Blue is loud and has tactile feedback meaning you can feel the click as you press a key down.

Outemu Browns are like Outemu Blues as in you still get tactile feedback, but it isn't nearly as loud.

Outemu Reds are just smooth, no tactile feedback, no noise, when you press the key it just smoothy goes all the way to the bottom.

2 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

I've been using Outemu switches for nearly 2 years, they're not bad at all. You should choose a switch that you'd think you like best.

The Outemu Blue is loud and has tactile feedback meaning you can feel the click as you press a key down.

Outemu Browns are like Outemu Blues as in you still get tactile feedback, but it isn't nearly as loud.

Outemu Reds are just smooth, no tactile feedback, no noise, when you press the key it just smoothy goes all the way to the bottom.

Thanks for the fast reply! Alot of people like reds, but I fear that they would feel like a membrane in terms of the linear’ness. I do like tactile switches so probably need to go with those. With what switches are you using Or have used from outemu? If you used the browns, did you notice the bump? My parents are in the room next to me so can’t really do any late night gaming with blues😅

Just now, Tom and Me said:

With what switches are you using Or have used from outemu?

Currently I'm using Outemu Blues,  and have used them for a long while, however I have tried both Outemu Red and Outemu Brown. You do feel the tactile bump, and it should be really similar to the Outemu Blue in that matter. Below you can see a diagram with each switch in action, I believe those are Cherry, but it shouldn't make a big difference. And as you can see the side of the switch is basically the same, meaning that you feel a similar tactile bump, however on the blue's that bit also moves, to make the loud click. And if you look at the red switch the metal arm that moves slides smoothly across the straight arm of the switch, while again, if you look at both the blue and brown, that arm that the metal parts is sliding against, isn't straight and smooth, and that's to give you the tactile feedback.

Cherry MX Mechanical Switch(s) gif dump - Album on ImgurGIF key keyboard works - animated GIF on GIFER

An introduction to Cherry MX mechanical switches – The Keyboard Company

1 minute ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Currently I'm using Outemu Blues,  and have used them for a long while, however I have tried both Outemu Red and Outemu Brown. You do feel the tactile bump, and it should be really similar to the Outemu Blue in that matter. Below you can see a diagram with each switch in action, I believe those are Cherry, but it shouldn't make a big difference. And as you can see the side of the switch is basically the same, meaning that you feel a similar tactile bump, however on the blue's that bit also moves, to make the loud click. And if you look at the red switch the metal arm that moves slides smoothly across the straight arm of the switch, while again, if you look at both the blue and brown, that arm that the metal parts is sliding against, isn't straight and smooth, and that's to give you the tactile feedback.

Cherry MX Mechanical Switch(s) gif dump - Album on ImgurGIF key keyboard works - animated GIF on GIFER

An introduction to Cherry MX mechanical switches – The Keyboard Company

Yes! Finally someone who fullfills my wish😂 Thanks for that explanation, so between the blues and browns. Because the blues have a click, I will probably want the browns as I do alot of late night gaming. And do you know anything about the tecware phantom or would you suggest I search up on youtube?

5 minutes ago, Tom and Me said:

Yes! Finally someone who fullfills my wish😂 Thanks for that explanation, so between the blues and browns. Because the blues have a click, I will probably want the browns as I do alot of late night gaming. And do you know anything about the tecware phantom or would you suggest I search up on youtube?

Im planning on getting the Techware, and i've seen a lot of reviews on YT. For the price, it's a great value. Since you do a lot of late night gaming, the brown switches would be your best bet. (I got blues 3 years ago, and I haven't switched, although i'm going to get the browns)

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

7 minutes ago, Downkey said:

Im planning on getting the Techware, and i've seen a lot of reviews on YT. For the price, it's a great value. Since you do a lot of late night gaming, the brown switches would be your best bet. (I got blues 3 years ago, and I haven't switched, although i'm going to get the browns)

Thanks! Yeah just watched a vid of the tecware phantom with brown switches. Gonna see how it impacts the pricing of my cart. I live in South Africa and our economy is absolute shit, 10 dollars US is Almost 200 rand(which is alot if you couldn’t tell)