Weird fps problem in new Assassin Creed Valhalla

Dedeq

So i have a problem with my pc, In game i have 55-40 fps all the time on medium-high settings and my friend have 60-70 on ultra-high settings
There is a little bottleneck with my specs but is only about 4%-5%
My specs:
Intel Core i5 8600k 
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 
16 GB RAM 3600Mhz corsair vengeance pro
MSI Z370 SLI plus
Chieftec A90 750W 80 plus gold
SSD m.2 Adata SX8200PNP 500 GB
HDD Toshiba HDWD110
GPU drivers. 457.30

My Friend specs:  (actually i only know cpu and gpu)
Intel Core i5 7500
16 GB 3200Mhz
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060
GPU drivers: 457.30

I think there can be problem with windows, or 

my computer has not been formatted for a long time.
CPU max temp 73°C and GPU 65°C while playing game.

please help!

temps? Similar problemsin other games? Can you ddu drivers?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

those numbers mean nothing

both of you and your friend should do the benchmark

and yes not formatting windows can be the problem since windows get cluttered with malware and bloatware and stuff and you should format it periodically to keep it clean.

edit : and make sure you have XMP enabled

Just now, Gorou92 said:

and yes not formatting windows can be the problem since windows get cluttered with malware and bloatware and stuff and you should format it periodically to keep it clean

I agree that a power user should be reformatting and reinstalling maybe once a year, but I don't see that helping in this particular issue.

It sounds like you need more data points. @HelpfulTechWizard had some good questions. Temps are important. Are you running the latest drivers? did you confirm that your not using DLSS or raytracing on one pc and not the other? We need more info to really help.

Agreed with the temps question. If your 8600k is overclocked and running on the stock cooler or something, and your friend has his chip at stock settings on liquid, there is a huge temperature difference that could result in this kind of performance delta.

Also you didn't mention how much ram your friend has. New games are using more and more. I think Odyssey used between 8-10gb? So if he's got a 32gb kit and you have 16, and if this game uses like 12 or more, you could see extra stuttering if you have stuff open in the background.

Let it be known, Ubisoft games,. ESPECIALLY the newer AC titles are notoriously poorly optimized. 60fps tends to be very hard to maintain, even on a mid range CPU.

Temps are normal on my i5 73 was the biggest when i was rendering something in 3D. Im gonna try to add ram info of my friend later. im not using DLSS or Raytracing. Only if i have to like i was using it in Control and in blender while rendering.

12 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

temps? Similar problemsin other games? Can you ddu drivers?

12 hours ago, Gorou92 said:

and yes not formatting windows can be the problem since windows get cluttered with malware and bloatware and stuff and you should format it periodically to keep it clean.

edit : and make sure you have XMP enabled

12 hours ago, D0N M3GA said:

I agree that a power user should be reformatting and reinstalling maybe once a year, but I don't see that helping in this particular issue.

It sounds like you need more data points. @HelpfulTechWizard had some good questions. Temps are important. Are you running the latest drivers? did you confirm that your not using DLSS or raytracing on one pc and not the other? We need more info to really help.

9 hours ago, TechnoTheBear said:

Agreed with the temps question. If your 8600k is overclocked and running on the stock cooler or something, and your friend has his chip at stock settings on liquid, there is a huge temperature difference that could result in this kind of performance delta.

Also you didn't mention how much ram your friend has. New games are using more and more. I think Odyssey used between 8-10gb? So if he's got a 32gb kit and you have 16, and if this game uses like 12 or more, you could see extra stuttering if you have stuff open in the background.

Let it be known, Ubisoft games,. ESPECIALLY the newer AC titles are notoriously poorly optimized. 60fps tends to be very hard to maintain, even on a mid range CPU.

Temps are normal on my i5 73 was the biggest when i was rendering something in 3D. Im gonna try to add ram info of my friend later. im not using DLSS or Raytracing. Only if i have to like i was using it in Control and in blender while rendering. I have added my friends ram specs . XMP is enabled

13 hours ago, D0N M3GA said:

I reinstall windows three to four times a year xD

I love the fresh smell of windows and not being stressed if something not working right but that just me

Is your friend using DLSS? That might be where the boost in performance on his end is coming from.

45 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

Is your friend using DLSS? That might be where the boost in performance on his end is coming from.

Assassin Creed valhalla doesn't support DLSS. So i don't think so

3 minutes ago, Dedeq said:

Assassin Creed valhalla doesn't support DLSS. So i don't think so

Sorry, you mentioned that you weren't running DLSS and that would imply that it does.

One thing I didn't even think to ask was about frame rate caps. A lot of new games have software implemented frame rate caps, I realize this is probably a little obvious of a suggestion, but worth putting out there. 

10 hours ago, Gorou92 said:

I reinstall windows three to four times a year xD

I love the fresh smell of windows and not being stressed if something not working right but that just me

I love the feel of a fresh install too. Might just be I'm too lazy to do it anymore often lol. 😆

2 hours ago, D0N M3GA said:

One thing I didn't even think to ask was about frame rate caps. A lot of new games have software implemented frame rate caps, I realize this is probably a little obvious of a suggestion, but worth putting out there. 

i don't have any frame rate cap mode on